How many people

Like a number of you on this thread, I too use the gym in the mornings, have a good breakfast, a nice brisk walk around the track a few times and I then feel totally justified as I begin my daily routine of eating, napping, swimming, napping, excursions, napping, eating, napping,......you get the idea;) .

Barry

• 3 weeks later...
I never miss a workout on cruises! Even if I have to work out at an odd time because the active schedule. The last time I want to feel like a slouch is on holiday! Plus, both this and eating well make returning home a positive experience. :)

Great job! Sometimes keeping the weight off can be as tough as getting it off.

Do you have any secrets of your success?

Just back from my Enchantment cruise. It was amazing. I never left the ship. I was able to work out every day for 1 1/2 -2 hours. I ate what I wanted (I am sugar/white flour free) and managed to lose weight again. I felt so good and had so much energy. I'm looking forward to more of the same on my March cruise.

Just back from my Enchantment cruise. It was amazing. I never left the ship. I was able to work out every day for 1 1/2 -2 hours. I ate what I wanted (I am sugar/white flour free) and managed to lose weight again. I felt so good and had so much energy. I'm looking forward to more of the same on my March cruise.

Wow! That is amazing. Good for you!

• 4 months later...
Great job! Sometimes keeping the weight off can be as tough as getting it off.

Do you have any secrets of your success?

Suspect its something to do with the Sugar Free! Though SugarFreeSheila you do look good for it.. :cool:

I'm normally training for something - this time I've got a half marathon looming a few weeks after the cruise, so no let up in training for me! Normally either in the gym in the afternoon on sea days or after return from port, before dinner. Would love to lap in the pools as this is my normal holiday exercise but I've yet to find a pool big enough! I normally run 3-4 times a week with 2 gym sessions inbetween.

Also, with the exception of dinner (1 starter, 1 pudding - even this is over the top for me, but I am on holiday after all)... I don't eat any more than I would at home. So have not yet come back any bigger than I went. :rolleyes:

It is. The sugar/white flour free helps maintain. The exercise takes the weight off. But I love how I feel after I exercise. I try not to focus on weight loss because it takes too long for significant gratification. Feeling good each day is immediate gratification.

Sadly, I got very sick on my March cruise. Had a blast the first couple of days. Worked out, surfed on the Flowrider, but then came down with strep throat and severe bronchitis. Between the fever and total loss of my voice I was down for the count. I did get plenty of rest, though and will always bring antibiotics with me on future cruises. Look out October, I've got a date with the gym!

For some reason, I always wake up early while on vacation. I get up, go to the gym, have breakfast and start the day. We walk a lot while in ports, many miles per day. I have yet to gain weight while on a cruise, or on any vacation. I guess I am not bored, so I do not eat as much as I do at home.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

luckily my wife enjoy s the gym as much as i do..actually she

works out 1 more day than i do..

on cruise s we ll workout once befor breakfast..then again befor

dinner or 2 hrs after..

we eat healthy food all the time..it s just that on cruises we so

much of it...:p

Archived