Morocco

There have been recent terrorist alerts in Morocco and the Navigator skipped their stops there last week or the week before. Voyager is still scheduled to make two stops there the second week of May.

When I contacted RSSC as recently as yesterday, they said that the terrorists that made the threats against Americans have been captured. Has anyone heard anything. I need to know if I should pack a flack jacket along with my IPod speakers.

Jim

I've read that some other ships have skipped Morocco in the recent past, also.

I would hope that every cruise line would access the latest information and make the best decision. I also think the lines' insurance carriers would have some input.

We were in Morocco a couple of years ago and never felt we were in any danger - even when wandering around crowded Marakesh.

We were on the Navigator 10/06. We stopped in Casablanca and Agadir. Casablanca was just ok. (The mosque was the highlight. A big part of the tour was a market where they tried to sell us rugs.) Agadir was definetely worth skipping. If the Voyager decides to bypass the Morocco stops--don't worry. You won't miss all that much. (Humphrey Bogart never left Hollywood, so it's not as good as they'd lead you to believe.!!)

Archived