Early shore excursion time with tendering

Cleocruiser

Does anyone have any suggestions for getting an early tender if you have a private shore excursion booked? Do the cruise lines really give you any hassle if you can prove you have a prebooked excursion---even if its not with the cruise line?:confused:

First question, what is the port time??? Hopefully early morning since it is much easier to get off the boat. I stongly suggest- you be in line AND ready to go either for a tender ticket or at the gang way, at least 30 minutes BEFORE posted. The place will be announced/posted.

You will get NO priority for an independent tour. If you haven't booked with the cruise line or are not in a high dollar cabin- penthouse or higher, you'll get in line like everyone else.

Is your independent vendor aware of your timeframe- did they agree to booking you in your current slot, with this timing and are in agreement??

If you have a later arrival, you need to rethink your tour time, if it is not at least an hour+++ after tendering. The later it is, the more people awake and wanting off the ship.

Is your independent vendor aware of your timeframe- did they agree to booking you in your current slot, with this timing and are in agreement??

Budget Queen makes a good point on talking with the vendor. We have a 9:30 a.m. tour with Captain Davey in Sitka. Our arrival time is 8:30 a.m., so I was concerned about getting tendered to port in time. But, he said not to worry and promised he'll wait for us. I would never have booked an independent tour with only an hour to tender in if the vendor hadn't assured me we'll be fine.

Cheers!

Jayne

:)

Budget Queen makes a good point on talking with the vendor. We have a 9:30 a.m. tour with Captain Davey in Sitka. Our arrival time is 8:30 a.m., so I was concerned about getting tendered to port in time. But, he said not to worry and promised he'll wait for us. I would never have booked an independent tour with only an hour to tender in if the vendor hadn't assured me we'll be fine.

Cheers!

Jayne

I still suggest you may want to consider my advice on the getting ready to go and being in line at least 30 min. prior to the posted time. Especially in Sitka- they load tours directly from the cruise ships and depending on the number of platforms, tendering can slow to a crawl at times.

I still suggest you may want to consider my advice on the getting ready to go and being in line at least 30 min. prior to the posted time. Especially in Sitka- they load tours directly from the cruise ships and depending on the number of platforms, tendering can slow to a crawl at times.

Oh, we absolutely plan to. We've been to Sitka before and I know how long it takes to tender, which was why I was concerned about booking a 9:30 a.m. tour. We'll be up bright and early all shiny and smiling waiting to get on the earliest tender we can!

Thanks!

Jayne

Archived