NY- Cown- Sept parking

JanMD

We are driving up from the State of Maryland going to drive to the Brooklyn pier. I know there were tons of posts a year ago- for parking, photos of the parking area, etc. Any suggestions? Once I mapquest it not really enjoying that drive in NY- thought it was on the outskirts.

How much for parking?

Jan

Jan, we are on the Crown out of Brooklyn on 5/21/07. We live on Long Island so this morning my husband and I did a "trial run" to the Brooklyn Pier. DO NOT follow the Mapquest directions. Get the directions from the website of the NY Cruise terminal. We had both directions and the ones from the nycruiseterminal.com were very direct. There are blue signs that say "cruise terminal" all the way til you pull into the pier. Parking is $20 for the first day then $18 for everyday thereafter. The parking lot was huge and right outside the terminal....very convenient. We are so looking forward to this trip. This will be our third trip with Princess, first on the Crown. Happy Sailing!!:)

Susan

Hi,just read your reply on here and we are also driving in from Long Island-Suffolk County. We where thinking of taking a limo because of fear of traffic- did you go with the BQE,and what exit was it? Could you exit at atlantic ave?-Thanks

We took the LIE to the BQE and got off at Exit 26 Hamilton Ave. and followed the blue "cruise terminal" signs right to the pier. It took us exactly 50 minutes with no traffic (we left from Huntington). Naturally, when we leave for cruise it will be Monday morning so it will take us much longer (we are figuring about 1 1/2 to 2 hours). We checked out prices of limo's but felt it would cost us the same to park there and then could just get off ship and drive ourselves home without waiting for a limo since we don't know exactly what time we will be getting off the ship.

Susan

Thanks Susan,

Didn't want to deal with the Holland tunnel that Mapquest said to use. It looks pretty easy.

We have the pier down in Baltimore and we normally follow the signs and a year ago- we cruised out of Phila- nice place to cruise from also.

Jan

We took the LIE to the BQE and got off at Exit 26 Hamilton Ave. and followed the blue "cruise terminal" signs right to the pier. It took us exactly 50 minutes with no traffic (we left from Huntington). Naturally, when we leave for cruise it will be Monday morning so it will take us much longer (we are figuring about 1 1/2 to 2 hours). We checked out prices of limo's but felt it would cost us the same to park there and then could just get off ship and drive ourselves home without waiting for a limo since we don't know exactly what time we will be getting off the ship.

Susan

We are coming from Smithtown and will be going in on Frday for our sailing coming back the Sunday of Fathers day. I guess if we drive we should leave by 10:30-11,was thinking taking the cross island to the grand central,to BQE to avoid all the truck traffic in LIE. Thanks again for reply

Larry

It's actually pretty easy once you get there too. You pull up, drop off your luggage and any passengers. Then pull into one of the many spots and walk back to check in. We came in from LI on a Sunday with no problem. Going home midweek was a little more traffic but it only added 15-20 minutes to our return trip. Once we cleared the BQE it was a smooth drive.

We're doing it again in September

Hi Suejoe

We are going on the same sailing.. have you been to the roll call?? we have two meetings set up.. hope to see you Jean

Hi Jean, yes I've been on our Roll Call and my husband and I and our cousins are signed up for the M&G on Tuesday morning. See you there!!

Susan (and Joe) :D

Archived