Venice - Luggage Storage

AmbroseT

Does anyone know if the port in Venice has a facility to store luggage? We arrive a day prior to departure and would like to walk around Venice prior to embarkation on the Regatta. Don't want to schlep luggage - vaporetto, and steps would make it impossible...

We finished our cruise last year in Venice and had a 4pm flight out. We took the O bus to the Airport and left our bags in the left luggage which is on the lower level of the airport.

We took a water taxi back to the City and spent 4-5 hours just walking and having lunch before going back for our flight.

Brian

I believe that there is luggage storage in Piazzale Roma and also at Santa Lucia Railway station.

Both of these are not too far away from the dock area.

Brian,

I don't think AmbroseT wants to put it on a vaporetto or pay for a water taxi.

Jennie

Sorry for the confusion. We arrive on Sunday but are staying in Maestre (mainland) that night. We then plan to take the train or cab to Venice and walk around prior to embarkation. That's the reason for asking whether there is storage at the pier (or even at the train station). I hope this helps.

Sorry for the confusion. We arrive on Sunday but are staying in Maestre (mainland) that night. We then plan to take the train or cab to Venice and walk around prior to embarkation. That's the reason for asking whether there is storage at the pier (or even at the train station). I hope this helps.

We stayed in Mestre the last two times we sailed from Venice. It is so easy to get a taxi directly to the place where you check in. Why not drop off your luggage there and then walk into Venice. It is very easy to do. Some cruise lines offer free shuttle to and from P. Roma.

Thank you digby! I wasn't aware I could leave my luggage at the pier without embarking. According to my paperwork I can't embark until 3:00 pm. You're saying I can "check-in" my luggage in the morning and embark in the afternoon?

I'm not sure exactly what hour the porters open up the luggage receiving station, but you come to it before even entering the building containing the check in desks. You may not be able to board that early, but I would drop off my luggage, check in, and then walk or take the shuttle to P. Roma to explore Venice for a few hours. We did it around 11:30 AM.

Archived