Limo in Rome – any experiences to share?

We’re thinking about booking Limo in Rome for our single day there, and most of the posts I found so far via “search” fairly old.

Anyone have a recent experience with them, and what can you tell me?

I always get a bit nervous using an independent tour operator, and hearty recommendations from my fellow cruisers on this board are “priceless”.

Thanks very much.:)

Donna: I think the link you provided talks about a company called Rome In Limo , correct?

The OP was asking about Limo In Rome which is the same one we booked for our Sept cruise. Claudio is who I correspond with.

I'm not sure who is the contact for Rome In Limo.

Julia

Yes, Julia, thank you for the correction. I'm confusing the two companies because we contacted both of them for a tour in May and are now booked with Limo in Rome. I'm confused about all of it anyway because I don't know if the accusations against Rome in Limo are correct, but I have to listen to the Frommers board moderator because Frommers is a trusted source for me. The link to the thread that I listed indicated that the two companies are somehow associated or at least friendly with each other. I thought I had read some recent reviews for Limo in Rome that were good, but the reviews for Rome in Limo are older. Some of the April passengers should be returning, so hopefully some board members will leave updated opinions on the services of both companies soon.

Have a great trip,

Donna

Please go to the Carnival Freedom Roll Call for April 19th. I believe one of my fellow cruisers posted some negative information about this company (I could have my companies mixed up.) The poster is lsp and the date of the post is May 1 thru 3rd.

Sorry, I gave you the wrong info. It is posted to the Carnival Roll Call for the Freedom and titled "LIVE" from the carnival freedom. this is the link http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=510053&page=30

Is this the post you are referring to?http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=10004832&postcount=581

Is it Limos in Rome or Limos of Rome she booked with? Confused as the name of the company we are booking with is Limo in Rome. Perhaps the same? who did she arrange everything with?

Thanks

Julia

We are using Romeinlimo for excursions for Rome and Livorno. Only read positive responses about them. Have been very helpful with all the emails we've sent. I also just found out that the small tour company we are using for our Naples tour APTours also refers her customers to them for Rome tours.

Fuzzy55, regarding RomeinLimo (not to be confused with the other companies listed here), you need to read http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=531193 and the link to the Frommers board on that thread. There have been some negative comments and accusations of inappropriate conduct by this tour operator, so just FYI (I don't know what is and isn't true but decided to use another tour operator until this could be straightened out to be on the safe side because I am arranging the tour for us and others).

Have a great trip,

Donna

I know the names get very confusing but I for one can tell you that we used Rome In Limo (Duman & Carlo) both last year and they were incredible! They both go out of their way to make sure everyone is satisfied with their day. We had not booked a guide for the Vatican in advance and Duman told us that he would get one for us while we had lunch but that if he couldn't get someone that he trusted and knew they were good- he wouldn't book one for us. Much to our surprise, he was able to book us a fabulous guide. We were all soooo happy with our Vatican guide and most importantly, our entire day in Rome! The following day, we called in Florence and we had booked Carlo (Duman's business partner) and he too was fabulous. After reading some of the reviews on CC, we feel sooo lucky that we got great drivers/guides.

Cruizinpooh

I posted on another thread that our group of 6 used romeinlimo for tours in Rome, Naples, and Florence in October, 2006. We were very pleased. The drivers could not have been more accommodating or better informed. I would highly recommend them. I can't imagine what the problems could be that were mentioned on the Frommer's site. I also posted on that site so others would know that many of us have had very good experiences with this company.

I have a booked a tour .Corresponded with the same person as you . Have you booked with Claudio have you heard anything regarding this tour. Got nervous after reading about the other company. Any ehlp would be greatly appreeciated. Also has anyone booked for Florence cndy

Donna: I think the link you provided talks about a company called Rome In Limo , correct?

The OP was asking about Limo In Rome which is the same one we booked for our Sept cruise. Claudio is who I correspond with.

I'm not sure who is the contact for Rome In Limo.

I have a booked a tour .Corresponded with the same person as you . Have you booked with Claudio have you heard anything regarding this tour. Got nervous after reading about the other company. Any ehlp would be greatly appreeciated. Also has anyone booked for Florence cndy

Julia

I have bookings for both Rome and Florence/Pisa with Claudio. I haven't received confirmation yet as to who the drivers will be for Florence but I do know Claudio is our driver for Rome.

I'm sure over the next couple of weeks and months many travelers will be returning and posting praises as well as thumbs down on many of the companies. I guess it's best to make sure the tour company and you are in agreement as to what you want to see, what extras you have to pay for, ie entrance fees, personal guides, etc.

Julia

Just returned from Rome yesterday, May 5th. We used Marco with Rome Cabs & he is wonderful!!!! You can e-mail him at romecabs@yahoo.com for a quote. We did an orientation tour our first day in Rome, he picked us up at the port, & then that night we did a Rome by night tour, next day we went to Castle Gandolpho (pope's summer home), & then the next day he took us on a tour to Monte Cassino. I cannot say enough nice things about Marco. He is very knowledgeable & enjoys pleasing his clients. On our first days orientation tour we had a list of places we wanted to see, but he also showed us a few "surprises" with tours of a couple of places we had never heard of before.

Archived