Sweetend Ice Tea & Arnold Palmers

Shawns6t6gto

Just as a clarification, there is iced tea available - it just isn't sweetened. There is also sugar/sweetener and plenty of sliced lemons available in the buffet. You can most likely manage to create something that would pass for an Arnold Palmer out of what is available free of charge in the buffet area.

We just got off the Tahitian Princess, which is different from other ships, so this might be something different also, but there was NO lemonade available at all. I am used to it being free on RCCL, Celebrity and Carnival, but since I am such a big fan of it, when I didn't see it as part of the buffet I went to the bar to purchase it and he gave me soda water and sweet and sour syrup. Yuck! Definitely not lemonade.

We just got off the Tahitian Princess, which is different from other ships, so this might be something different also, but there was NO lemonade available at all. I am used to it being free on RCCL, Celebrity and Carnival, but since I am such a big fan of it, when I didn't see it as part of the buffet I went to the bar to purchase it and he gave me soda water and sweet and sour syrup. Yuck! Definitely not lemonade.

Sounds awful.

I recently returned from the Grand and was very disappointed, Arnold Palmers are my drink of choice and was stuck with soda! Guess if you dont want alcohol it is not important to Princess!:(

a better substitute would have been limoncello and soda.

Look in the market for those individual packets that you put into water bottles to flavor it. They come in tube shaped packets so they are easy to put it into a water bottle. They have lemonade flavor that is pre-sweetened. Use all or part of one of those and the ice tea that they have and if still not sweet enough, you can add more sweetener. You can also get ice tea in packets like this.

I was in Target today and checked what they had available. They did have both the Crystal Light tea packets (pre-sweetened) and the lemonade packets. They also had the cans, but I would think the pre-filled packets would be easier to travel with. You could try a mix of those and see if you like them.

Archived