How does Enchantment compare to the Majesty??

Just returned from a fabulous vacation on the Majesty,and I am in the planning stages of my next cruise for 2008.

I am leaning towards Majesty again, (loved the ship:D ), but I was checking out the enchantment as well. Some very good reviews, some not so good.

How do the two ships compare???

thanks for your help,

P.S. I am sooo looking forward to my return to Coco cay!

Just returned from a fabulous vacation on the Majesty,and I am in the planning stages of my next cruise for 2008.

I am leaning towards Majesty again, (loved the ship:D ), but I was checking out the enchantment as well. Some very good reviews, some not so good.

How do the two ships compare???

thanks for your help,

P.S. I am sooo looking forward to my return to Coco cay!

Can't help you with a comparison, but the Enchantment is a gorgeous ship. I sailed her a few years ago, before the stretch, and will do so again this September. Tons of stuff to do, great crew, and the updates from dry dock should be fabulous.

Enchantment is a beautiful ship. I like her much better than the majesty. The staff on most of the other ships say they'd like to transfer to ENchantment, but there is a waiting list for it. So to me that says it all.

I think the layouts are very similar.

However, Enchantment's dining room is much nicer (2 stories). Also, there are regular balcony rooms, without having to book a suite. And the Viking Crown is alot nicer. It is the ship's night club.

And let's not forget about the Solarium with the retracting canopy.

Basically, the Enchantment is like the Majesty. Only, she's newer and has more amenities.

Enchantment is a beautiful ship. I like her much better than the majesty. The staff on most of the other ships say they'd like to transfer to ENchantment, but there is a waiting list for it. So to me that says it all.

Thanks for your reply,

Majesty has been recently refurbished,and I don't know what she looked like before, but she is gorgeous now. I really like the ambience of the ship. Not flashy, neutral colors, and easy to navigate. I guess when comparing the two ships, what I am most interested in is the quality of food, rooms, and activities. All ships are different, and they all have their personalities too and offer something different in comparison.

We've sailed on Sovereign (sister to Majesty) and Enchantment.

Enchantment is a bigger ship, and she had more amenities. The pool deck is much bigger and the Solarium is wonderful.

We had a good time on Sovereign, but I would definitely choose Enchantment over a Sovereign class ship.

I thought you may like to see some pictures of Enchantment....

I guess when comparing the two ships, what I am most interested in is the quality of food, rooms, and activities.

I am a huge fan of both ships. The food, activities, and ambiance are basically the same. You'll see a difference in the rooms though. They are bigger on Enchantment. Many of the rooms have couches.

Majesty has been recently refurbished,and I don't know what she looked like before, but she is gorgeous now.

Majesty has been refubished most recently, but Enchantment also had a refurbishment... Actually, hers was the most extensive refurb that RCCL has done on a ship.

I compared Sovereign to Majesty in my previous post... Although Majesty's refurb was more recent, Sovereign has also had a refurb and is currently very similar to Majesty.

I really like the ambience of the ship. Not flashy, neutral colors, and easy to navigate.

We've found that to be the case on all RCCL ships... They do an excellent job designing and decorating their ships.

I guess when comparing the two ships, what I am most interested in is the quality of food, rooms, and activities.

The cabins are actually a little bigger on Enchantment... Since I haven't sailed on Majesty, I don't feel that I can address comparing the food and activities. Other than I can tell you that you'll find the same menus and activities on all RCCL ships...

All ships are different, and they all have their personalities too and offer something different in comparison.

They do... why don't you try out something new... I don't think you'll be disappointed... :)

I don't think you can go wrong with either, but The Enchantment is one of my favorites. I agree with elleluv...the dining room on EOS is beautiful,the solarium is a definite plus. Go for the Ginger/Lime scrub in the spa -HEAVENLY!!!:D Food was very similar. There did seem to be more activities on EOS. Going on EOS for the third time in October, so it can't be too bad!

Hey there!! Can you answer a question about the spa on enchantment?? Is there a steam room??

We've been on both ships in the past year, and I give the edge to Enchantment for the solarium, especially, but also for the pool area. And Boleros is better on Enchantment... it feels kind of generic on Majesty. Also i agree the Viking Crown is better on Enchantment.

BUT... both times on Majesty service has been better. Just my experience.

That being said, both are idea for quick getaways that don't require a lot of time off work

The pictures of the Enchantment were great! :) Thanks! We are going on her in August and I'm a little nervous about going during Hurricane season but excited to try her. We went on The Navigator in March and ABsolutely Loved it!

Tortugas- I don't remember the steam room. We took the tour of the spa, but I don't remember seeing it. It seems to me I read a thread about someone not being happy that they had removed the steam room during the stretch. (I may be wrong...I'll be 50 next week:eek: :eek: :eek: )

Minimartha- We've sailed The Navigator and loved it too. Isn't it great? Eventhough, EOS doesn't have the promenade, you won't be disappointed. Enjoy!

We love Enchantment. It's a much more modern ship compared to the Majesty. Plus it has a specialty restaurant and concierge lounge which Majesty doesn't have. Also many more veranda staterooms to choose from. Picking between the two is a no brainer in our opinion.

Archived