Does Carnival have cribs AND pack and plays?

Guest Time2gocruzn

Guest Time2gocruzn

Just wondering what to expect. We booked a quad cabin with and upper and a convertable couch for our 2 kids, but now I am concerned my 2 yo may not be out of his crib by then. He does really well in his crib, so that would be ideal, but if they just have Pack and Plays that is okay too. Also, are the pack and plays they provide cleaned regularly? I know my little one likes to chew on the side of his. If I do not request one in advance, will they still have one available if decide I need it? Thanks.

We have been on four Carnival cruises with our little ones, and we have had the same type of crib for each cruise. You can see some photos of the crib under the link in my signature below, "Two Little Sailors," then click on "Boarding in Charleston." Their cribs are Cosco Porta-cribs, which are the same size as a Pack N Play. The ones we had were very sturdy, but Benjamin was really too large for the crib by the time he was 2. The week he turned 2, he seemed to get caught up in the bars some because he was too large for it. (He has consistently measured approximately 80% for height for his age, although I don't remember exactly how tall he was at the time...sorry.) When we sailed 6 months later, we had the cabin steward make the sofa into a bed, and I brought along his collapsible bed rail from home. It was perfect for him, so you might consider that option for your 2 year old. There is a photo of the sofa bed on page 2 of the "Boarding in Charleston" album as well. The crib takes a lot of room in a standard-size cabin, so this also gives extra floor space for the kids to play.

As for ordering a crib, I would order one ahead of time if you think you'll need it. They can't guarantee that they'll have one available for you otherwise.

Have a great cruise!!!

Guest Time2gocruzn

Thanks again. I was wondering, it looks like you all are a family of 4, and so are we (2 and 4 yo). I feel like I am going to be bringing so much stuff along. How many bags/suitcases do you all usually have for a 7 day? I have your packing list (thanks :) but with all my extras I keep coming up with, I am starting to worry!

We certainly don't travel light. Our children are also now 4 and 2. When we last sailed with the kids in October, we had 2 30-inch uprights, a 20 inch upright, a 17 inch upright, a garment bag, a large diaper bag, and a small purse-sized backpack. :) That was for a 5-day cruise, and everything was packed really tight. Since we were driving, it wasn't a problem for us. I would recommend doing some test-packing ahead of time rather than waiting 'til the last minute. If you're flying, be sure to use several smaller suitcases rather than fewer larger ones because of the weight limits. Let me know if I can help you pare down your list.

Archived