Is it really too late to get your OBC after you leave the ship?

MNCruiser asked me about the OBC before leaving the ship (onboard credit) if you book another cruise, but I did not know about it until now. I called my TA and she is away until next week, and I asked another agent, and she said its too late. It had to be done while I was on the ship:( , what a bummer!! I just got off the ship Friday. I will ask my TA about it when she returns.

Has anyone gotten there OBC after the cruise??

If you already have a cruise booked over 3 months away, can one cancel and rebook on the ship?

For example we are taking the TA on Voyager in April 2008, and then Jewel in Sept 2008. Can I rebook the Jewel while on the ship in April 2008. Assuming prices and availability are constant.

whyohwhyoh

If you already have a cruise booked over 3 months away, can one cancel and rebook on the ship?

For example we are taking the TA on Voyager in April 2008, and then Jewel in Sept 2008. Can I rebook the Jewel while on the ship in April 2008. Assuming prices and availability are constant.

whyohwhyoh

Yes, just make sure you check the current prices.

###

I'd take a chance and give RCI a huge sob story how it was your Mom's Birthday, and in all the excitement by the time you realized, it was too late, and the loyalty ambassador had left.

It would not hurt to try. I hope you did sign up for the Crown and Anchor Society.

MNCruiser asked me about the OBC before leaving the ship (onboard credit) if you book another cruise, but I did not know about it until now. I called my TA and she is away until next week, and I asked another agent, and she said its too late. It had to be done while I was on the ship:( , what a bummer!! I just got off the ship Friday. I will ask my TA about it when she returns.

Has anyone gotten there OBC after the cruise??

As the others have said already you have to book onboard and the LA is the onyl one to get you the OBC so to speak.

There is only one way I know about to get it without actually booking onboard...

Sometimes the LA is soo busy and s/he can´t give any further appointments to see her/him onboard. In this case you s/he can issue you an onboard Credit Certificate. These certificates have to be sent to RCCL after your booking and some restrictions apply to these. You have to mail the original and no copy would be accepted.

So I guess you are out of luck and even the "it was too late" story might not work as they have a procedure for this.

I'd take a chance and give RCI a huge sob story how it was your Mom's Birthday, and in all the excitement by the time you realized, it was too late, and the loyalty ambassador had left.

It would not hurt to try. I hope you did sign up for the Crown and Anchor Society.

Thanks everyone,

I did sign up for the crown and anchor society while I was onboard!

Well, if it helps, you are not the only one. I went on first cruise this month on Voyager, and did not rebook onboard. I thought about it and went by the TA's desk, but she was busy and it was the last day of the cruise, and I was told by Guest Relations that she was booked up. I had no idea bout her being able to give us a credit cert. if she all her reamining appts. were booked up.

So I came home, and what did I do? Within a few days I had another cruise booked, this time for the whole family in June.

But I learned my lesson and this time I will be doing the "next cruise" option as soon as we get on board.

I would call RCCL and explain the situation. We came back from a cruise a couple years ago and we did not book onboard becuae the LA was busy but my ta did call and ask if I wanted to book a cruise and that I could still get the obc up to a certain return.

I have heard of a couple other people being able to get it also.

I would call RCCL and explain the situation. We came back from a cruise a couple years ago and we did not book onboard becuae the LA was busy but my ta did call and ask if I wanted to book a cruise and that I could still get the obc up to a certain return.

I have to wait until my TA returns from vacation, and see what I can do!

I am so mad at myself for not knowing that! As much time I spent on these boards, i never knew that!

My is a little different story. My TA told me my OBC would be $X when we boarded. I had initially booked a balcony room, then received a credit when the price went down. I took the credit and booked a JS which was cheaper than when I had initially booked my balcony room. When we boarded I only had $Y, which was $110 less than what the TA had quoted me. I emailed my TA immediately from the ship about the mistake because I couldn't call him. I got one email reply that told me because I had received a credit the OBC went down. They failed to realize that I had upgraded. Finally I called them the day before our cruise was to end and they told me it was their mistake and would credit my credit card for the amount. So I didn't use it on the ship but I did get the credit.

Why on earth would you tell someone to lie? I can't imagine lying over an obc of $100 or something. I think if op talks to his TA, perhaps he can still get it, but telling someone to outright lie, is wrong. Plain & simple.

Katie

They might come back and say that the loyalty ambasador is not needed. You now only have to fill out a form and drop it in the box, if your doing the new program.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. No really! I called the LA and they never returned my call. I wrote it out as a complaint on my reveiw too.

But????? You have to sign up for C&A? I thought it was automatic. If you sailed you belong. Is it to late for that too?

I have to wait until my TA returns from vacation, and see what I can do!

I am so mad at myself for not knowing that! As much time I spent on these boards, i never knew that!

Don't be that mad....it's only $100 per cabin or $50 per person. It's a nice deal, but not worth getting too upset about.

You don't have to wait till your TA comes back. Call RCCL yourself, as the sooner you do so the more likely they will give you the credit. You can later transfer the booking to your TA.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE:D :D Bob and Phyl

PS-we once failed to book on board and within a week of our return we booked another. We have since always booked something just to establish the credit. Live and learn!

I tried getting in twice during our cruise. We went to the C & A Lounge during the times posted in the compass to find no one there. The first time there was another woman waiting on one of the love seats. We sat down and waited 15 minutes, but no one ever came. I don't know how long the other woman had already been there. We outlasted her though.

I did see an appointment book sitting there, but no signage or anything telling you to sign it yourself for a time. I'd never dream of signing myself into my doctor's appointment book on my own, so that just seemed wrong to me.

We finally gave up on it. Decided we had too many other events we were trying to get to and new friends to meet up with to keep spending time on trying to book.

I am one of those who has been able to get the booking after getting off the ship. Mind you, I had to call a few different people but I finally reached someone who said since I was calling within 7 days of debarkation of my last trip, that they would honor it.

Worth a shot...

I tried getting in twice during our cruise. We went to the C & A Lounge during the times posted in the compass to find no one there. The first time there was another woman waiting on one of the love seats. We sat down and waited 15 minutes, but no one ever came. I don't know how long the other woman had already been there. We outlasted her though.

I did see an appointment book sitting there, but no signage or anything telling you to sign it yourself for a time. I'd never dream of signing myself into my doctor's appointment book on my own, so that just seemed wrong to me.

We finally gave up on it. Decided we had too many other events we were trying to get to and new friends to meet up with to keep spending time on trying to book.

It might sound weird, however I think it is policy to check the times available and just sign up. At least this is what he had to do on the Navigator.

###

On my first cruise , I kinda forgot til the end, and by then there was never any time for the person to see me..So when I returned home, I called RCI directly and they gave me 100 off of each cabin instead of 200...

so it does happen !!!

On our recent Navigator transatlantic we were told that a lot of people who made appointments early in the cruise never showed up. One night we found the LA's assistant still working at 10pm. We just walked up and were able to make a reservation on the spot, without an appointment.

But????? You have to sign up for C&A? I thought it was automatic. If you sailed you belong. Is it to late for that too?

You are not automatically enrolled in the C&A Society. You have to sign up for it. It can be done anytime after you´ve been on your first cruise.

Even years after it.

Just go online and sign up.

Why on earth would you tell someone to lie? I can't imagine lying over an obc of $100 or something. I think if op talks to his TA, perhaps he can still get it, but telling someone to outright lie, is wrong. Plain & simple.

Katie

If you read her posts, on other threads too, these would not be lies at all. i would never encourage a person to lie.

She said it was her mother's birthday, she was caught up in the excitement, etc..

Archived