Parking in Bayonne

Smeyer: Good to see you someplace else. I seldom bother with that other board anymore. There are two ways of looking at everything over there: their way and the wrong way, according to them. :)

Anyway, parking at Cape Liberty is a snap. They have 2000 parking spaces with lots of availability. I just did an article where I interviewed RCI's port director last week. He says they aren't getting as many parkers as they expected, but many more people being dropped off by private cars and limos, so they have plenty of parking. The daily rate is $12.

Alan Wilson

Cruise News Daily

can you give me a link to the article? or should I subscribe :) ...since you and I have been chatting so much lately. I like NCL as you know but that board has become increasingly annoying. The ignore feature works very well and on some of threads almost 1/2 of the posts are on ignore....One poster who will go unnamed threatened to sue because of me if they didn't remove one of my postings...

I'm sorry but the article isn't online. Like most of our articles, they only go to subscribers. What I told you above was the only parking information in it. I found it interesting because when I wrote the previous article after seeing the port the weekend that the first ship arrived, they believed that the cruises were going to be primarily a drive in market and parking would be heavily used because of the relatively low rate (compared to the NYC rates). They had about twice as much more room for parking that could be completed very quickly and opened if they needed it, and they pretty much expected to. As I mentioned above, they are surprised by the number of people who are being dropped off in private vehicles or by limos. They are also surprised by the way Voyager is drawing people from much further away, and they are getting more people flying in for that and driving from longer distances, even coming in motorhomes.

On the other subject, if I used the ignore feature, I'd miss the hilarity of all those people foaming at the mouth and publicly demonstrating their ignorance. :)

Alan Wilson

Cruise News Daily

When you first drive in - get in the loop to drop off your luggage. The porters will take it right from your car - be sure to have a few $1's for a tip.

Then drive around again and get in the lane for parking - we took cash with us to pay for parking b/c the docs said "cash only" but I heard later that they also too credit cards. You pay in advance and then they direct you to a parking space.

There's a shuttle to take you back to the terminal for check-in, and then another shuttle to take you to the ship.

At the end, if you can, leave someone with the luggage near the gate for the parking lot and go bring the car around to load it. It's diffucult pulling the rolling luggage over the stones.

Have a great cruise!

Archived