Black Sea Cruise

Guest debbiejohncruise

It's been about a month since a very negative review on Amadeus Black

cruise. Time for several trips each way, does anyone have "current" update?

Cincy,

Amadeus is only running 4 total Black Sea trips this year: Two in May/June (down the river and back up), and two in October (down and up). They added more for next year. Thus, there haven't been any sailings on Amadeus vessels in that area since we posted earlier.

I think you are referencing our earlier review. If you are, In spite of what it may have appeared, I must tell you that *I* never meant our statements to be viewed as "very negative". We had a wonderful vacation which was simply plagued with a few issues that one must expect when travelling. I think you have to expect certain problems and inconveniences, roll with the punches, and realize that not everything can be controlled. For people expecting perfection, I wouldn't ever suggest international travel!

Money and time allowing, I would travel again with Amadeus in a heartbeat.

• 2 weeks later...
Hopefully there will be some reviews of October trips.

Don't wait too long if you are seriously considering booking the Amadeus Black Sea itinerary in 2008. We were just told that the June 17 sailing from Istanbul is sold out. We booked a September sailing instead.

Note there are only 75 cabins on the Amadagio. If you don't want the bottom deck with a porthole or a suite on the top deck, then there are only 58 cabins to choose from.

Don't wait too long if you are seriously considering booking the Amadeus Black Sea itinerary in 2008. We were just told that the June 17 sailing from Istanbul is sold out. We booked a September sailing instead.

Note there are only 75 cabins on the Amadagio. If you don't want the bottom deck with a porthole or a suite on the top deck, then there are only 58 cabins to choose from.

Good points! Tauck already has a few sailings sold out for 2008 too. We wanted a specific cabin so we didn't wait to book our river cruise.

Archived