Future of Dickenson Bay?

stones902

Was wondering if you guys could provide any insight or info on the future of Dickenson Bay? Last November, we spent our day at Dickenson and had a great time. In talking with some of the cab drivers (and noticing the green wall separating us from construction), the locals are complaining that the expansion of Sandals is "taking over the entire beach".

I realize that this might be a bit of an exaggeration on the part of the the person that we are speaking with but I would hate to see this beach become part of any resort complex.

According to some materials that I received from Sandals, a major expansion is under way at the resort and due to be completed in Feb 08. Let's hope Dickenson is available to us in the future.

Oh, I hope it stays somewhat the same! It is such a beautiful beach. We were there in 4/99 and again last month and it really hadn't changed all that much during all that time. But Sandals is in the middle of that big expansion, so we'll just have to see!

Archived