Weather and Hurricane risk in October?

miller1975

We are thinking of booking the RCCL Panama Canal cruise and it is only available on October 26th. What would the weather be like? How hot and rainfall? What about the hurricane risk in October? Please advise. Thanks.

We are thinking of booking the RCCL Panama Canal cruise and it is only available on October 26th. What would the weather be like? How hot and rainfall? What about the hurricane risk in October? Please advise. Thanks.

As far as hurricanes go, October can be fairly active in both the Atlantic and Pacific. I would not be too concerned, (after all I'm not going on this trip;)) they can steer clear of the storms. The greatest inconvenience would be a itinerary change.

As far as the weather, I'll only address the canal. Oct/Nov is a transitional period from wet to dry seasons. While there can be all day rain events, usually the weather tends to be drier and less humid and can be one of the more pleasant times of the year weatherwise. Don't fear however, it should still be fairly warm and humid but not unbearable.

Have a great trip and smoothe sailing!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi miller1975. Did you book the Oct. 26 Serenade through the Panama Canal? If you did, join our group on Roll Call. We have a great group for the Meet and Mingle.

Generally, hurricanes are more active in Sept. and early Oct. But, you never know. Weather should be warm and humid. Usually rains in the late afternoon and evening in Costa Rica and Panama. I was on a Mexico cruise when we had to skirt a hurricane. Worst part was missing a port.

Hope to see you on board!

Archived