Ocho Rios Diving

Koims

Is there good diving in Ocho Rios? We are going on a Carnival Cruise there in September. Also, would you do the ship excursion or book your own diving in Ocho Rios? Thank you for the aadvice.

My daughter and I just returned from Montego Bay. The diving was not all that great, but we knew that going in. We just wanted to dive and I wanted to try out my new camera. If you go with no expectations you might enjoy it. We did and actually found some really interesting fish and the occaional stingray. I am not sure about the difference between Ochio Rios and Montegobay. We dove with S.C.U.B.A. Divers. Scuba-Jamaica.com. These guys were great and I have to say one of the most relaxing dives we have done. Craig, Vincent, Troy or Richard. I believe they have a shop in Ohio Rios.

Ocho Rios does NOT have good diving. But it's warm water Caribbean diving. It's a lot better than diving in Lake Ontario (where advanced certification is needed before they take you to the 60' diving. Even in summer need to wear 6mm inside and 6mm outside, wear 30lbs of weight, not a lot of light, may or may not see fish, may see sponge, in muddy water)

Ocho Rios is where I learned to dive, because it was included in the resort (Beaches). But it depends on how desperately you want to dive.

The Dunns Rivers falls excursion would be much better. Also don't forget to buy some Blue Mountain coffee.

u can get wet in Ocho, but it will not be ranked as a top spot as compared to most other Car' sites.

Work has taken me there many times and I'll go diving to kill time, but if going somewhere on my own I'd never consider it. I'd not have a top operator to recommend either. Most I've dove with in Ocho have been fairly low end operators..old boats...kinda slow.... Well intentioned folks but was always glad the only gear I rented was tanks and lead.

Archived