new menu on Carnival - has anyone tried it?

Carol51

I've heard that Carnival has a new "head chef" in charge of planning the overall menu offerings.

I just wondered if anyone had cruised them since they changed to the new menu? Any new favorites? What was your general opinion - is this a good change?

Thanks

We were on the Miracle last August and liked the menu with the George Blanc selections. Most nights, I ordered those selections. They were all good! We just went on the Elation, and the menu was the same, but they added an "alternative selection" section. This section didn't change from night to night and had the same items (shrimp cocktail, sirloin, grilled chicken, etc.). I was able to order shrimp cocktail every night.

We are planning to go on another cruise this summer, and I'm wondering if we will be tired of the same items on menus. Since we just started cruising, does anyone know how often they change the menus?:)

So it looks like they all serve the same stuff. Excellent - I loved the Indian dinner, bean soup...mango marscapone up on Lido on embarkation day (not to be missed)...

...sounds like I need to eat dinner. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I hate it, I hate it , I hate it.....

Just spent several hours looking at this and I've come to the conclusion that I will not be hungry for three weeks after the cruise.:D

We cruised just before the new menu and I have spent several days just looking at what I'll have next year. I just don't think that I'll have enough room in my stomach to try everything I want to.

My oldest DD is doing her first (without mom and dad but 6th over all) cruise this June. I hope she'll take good pictures and let dear ole dad know what to try.

Archived