5 Day Celebration

nursenan

I am planning a cruise on the 5 night Celebration In September. I cannot decide between the Saturday or Monday sailing. I am concerned about Key West On Sunday versus middle of the week since you are there only from 7 till 3. Also according to the port schedule we would be the only ship in Nassau if we left on the Monday cruise. Would shopping be limited with one ship there versus 4 on the other sailing. Thanks

I am planning a cruise on the 5 night Celebration In September. I cannot decide between the Saturday or Monday sailing. I am concerned about Key West On Sunday versus middle of the week since you are there only from 7 till 3. Also according to the port schedule we would be the only ship in Nassau if we left on the Monday cruise. Would shopping be limited with one ship there versus 4 on the other sailing. Thanks

I would take the Monday cruise. The shops will be open, but Sunday in Key West I woulden't take a chance. Key West is a great stop, one of Carnivals best.

Nursenan I can't say much about Nassau and the shopping thing. We where just in Nassau but didn't pay attention to shopping as that is not my thing.

But Key West if you worried about crowds then it probably will not be a problem. I have been to Key West many times. Normally Key West doesn't start to get "active" until late in the afternon near sun set... Thats when everyone starts to come out and can be crowded.

Of course it still is the weekend, so I'm sure there will be more people there anyways during a weekend. But in the afternoon its quite nice to walk around Key West unless you are going during a holiday....

Thats my opinion

When we did this cruise last year, we left Jax on Saturday but Sunday was a "fun day at sea" - Key West was on Monday, then Nassau on Tuesday, another day at sea on Wednesday, and returned to Jax on Thursday. It would be nice to be the only ship in Nassau though.

If you choose the 5 day leaving Saturday, like KroozFoolz said, Sunday will be a sea day and you arrive in Key West on Monday. If you leave on Monday, Tuesday will be a sea day and you arrive in Key West on Wednesday. I've sailed both and I think you'll like either one. I hope this helps.

We left on Saturday on April 7th and was in Key West on Monday the 9th. Key West is a wonderful port, I just wished Carnival would let us spend more time there. If you were the only ship in dock in Nassau, i would think that would be a plus. In my opinion the Straw Market is a dump. Its an overcrowded cheap junk dump. If you missed it, you wouldnt be missing much. I didnt, but I wished I had taken a tour of Nassau and I might have seen its beauty. Other than Atlantis, all we seen was the dumpy part around the pier. As far as the celebration, you will fall heads over heal in love with the ship. She is a wonderful little gem, with a great crew.

Thanks for setting me straight . I was looking at the schedule wrong. We would be in Key West On Monday.I am more interested in going to the beach In Nassau, but my daughter wants to look at those purses.She just bought one when we were on the Elation in March. I am sure she will need a replacement by then.Also,Since we do not get there until 11am, is it hard to find chairs at the beach (such as Cable or even the British Coloniel) in the afternoon.Thanks

Archived