I'm so confused!

I know there have been lots of cell phone threads! But I'm still confused. :confused: If I have a Sprint cell phone with an international plan, does Carnival charge anything to use my phone while at sea? I know if you are in port, you are not using Carnival's cell tower. I called Carnival and the representative I spoke with said there was no additional charge. But I thought somewhere along the way, I read on CC that there was a charge. We leave for our cruise on Sunday and I just want to know what to expect when we get the cell phone bill!

Thanks!! :)

Chicklily41

Yes, there is a charge from Carnival. It's like $2.49 a minute because you will be using their signal if you are at sea.

Try doing a search & see if you find those threads for more info.

Carnival didnt charge us anything to use our cellphones, but our cellphone company sure charge us a whole heck of alot!! Couldnt keep my NOW EX DH off the telephone on our Jan 07 cruise plus we had 2 children that did not belong to us and had to call their parents once a day, well got home and our bill was $753 and that is just from Cingular...Carnival does not charge anything.... Next time my cell phone will stay at home or in the car in port!!! I have always enjoyed my cruises with NO PHONE SERVICE!!!

Tina

It doesn't take much at $2.50 per minute! One or two calls that total 30 minutes in a day is $75 for the day... times 6 days is $450. Don't yak or it will cost ya. Use it to check in and take 1 or 2 minutes only!

I know there have been lots of cell phone threads! But I'm still confused. If I have a Sprint cell phone with an international plan, does Carnival charge anything to use my phone while at sea? I know if you are in port, you are not using Carnival's cell tower. I called Carnival and the representative I spoke with said there was no additional charge. But I thought somewhere along the way, I read on CC that there was a charge. We leave for our cruise on Sunday and I just want to know what to expect when we get the cell phone bill! Thanks!! Chicklily41

Yes. Since there are no cell phone towers in the sea, Carnival charges you to use their on board systems which make your cell phone work.

Carnival didnt charge us anything to use our cellphones, but our cellphone company sure charge us a whole heck of alot!! Couldnt keep my NOW EX DH off the telephone on our Jan 07 cruise plus we had 2 children that did not belong to us and had to call their parents once a day, well got home and our bill was $753 and that is just from Cingular...Carnival does not charge anything.... Next time my cell phone will stay at home or in the car in port!!! I have always enjoyed my cruises with NO PHONE SERVICE!!!

Tina

Carnival will get the $$$

It is just tacked onto your cell phone bill which you get from your carrier (Kind of like long distance charges from your landline)

Yes. Since there are no cell phone towers in the sea, Carnival charges you to use their on board systems which make your cell phone work.

Carnival will get the $$$

It is just tacked onto your cell phone bill which you get from your carrier (Kind of like long distance charges from your landline)

Actually Wireless Maritime Services gets the money. Whether or not Carnival gets a piece of the per minute charge or a straight lease payment from WMS for carrying the tower on the ships, who knows.

Archived