Humidity in the Med affect arthritis?

For those of you who have travelled in the Mediterranean and who have arthritis, did you find that the humidity affects your arthritis in any way? We live in very dry Alberta so it would be nice to know if the humidity will help or bother my joints on our summr cruise.

Where about in the Med are you going and what time of year.

As a rule the Med isn't really that humid (with the exception of very early or late in the season), so I doubt it would affect you anyway. My MIL always says she feels relief from her arthritis in the Med when she goes which is usually to Spain or Italy

We are going to be sailing from London to Athens from Aug 22 to Sept 6. We stop in France, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Greece, Croatia, and Turkey. It would sure be nice if your MIL's experience is typical and would work for me!

Where about in the Med are you going and what time of year.

As a rule the Med isn't really that humid (with the exception of very early or late in the season), so I doubt it would affect you anyway. My MIL always says she feels relief from her arthritis in the Med when she goes which is usually to Spain or Italy

I live in Colorado, which is probably as dry as Alberta, and I notice it being humid when I go to LA -- because the relative humidity is a lot higher even though Southern Cal is considered a Med climate. The (real) Med was a bit humid in May, and unseasonably warm that year. However, warm humidity, while it makes me a little uncomfortable, doesn't seem to affect my arthritis at all. Cold and humid causes some ache. YMMV.

The chances are it will be very hot and varying humidity. Some of the locations will be more humid than others. Southern Italy and Athens particularly can be very hot and humid.

What a great trip it sounds like you are looking forward to. Have a great time. Hope the heat feels good on your arthritis.....it possibly could feel very good for you.

Thanks for all the replies re the arthritis. I am hoping you are all correct and it will feel wonderful. And Miss Jennie...whatever the case, we are certainly going to have a great time. How could we not....when cruising the Mediterranean? How lucky are we??

Archived