Tipping Questions

Ok ladies,

Here's a question that I haven't seen yet. I'm sure Mandy will help us out.

Should you tip and how much do you tip your wedding coordinator, photographer, vidiographer?

And I'm a little worried about the weather in October. Should I be?

Kathy :)

10/05/04

I have been trying to decide who and how much to Tip as well.

And the wedding planner told us that a tip is included for dinning room staff, what do you all think should we be tipping the waiters and waitresses more on the wedding day?

I think we are just going to do envelopes with $20 in it for the wedding coordinator, photographer.

Oh and don't forget the Marriage Commisioner.

Erin

I really goofed on this one. I didn't even think about it beforehand! :eek: Probably because I usually never received tips for playing in weddings, just the fee that was agreed upon - so it didn't even dawn on me to tip. The only person we tipped was the girl at the salon on the ship who did my hair at 5AM, and the concierge on the ship who arranged to disembark us the day FIRST the day of the wedding as a group. It would have probably been to my benefit to have been reading actual wedding boards like weddingchat.com or theknot.

Now, we did have a "service charge" of 20% for the catamaran - which to me would seem like a "tip" since it is above and beyond the charter rate. And the coordinator made 18% - and knowing how little she had to do for our wedding since we pretty much had it all planed, that $500+ was good money. I don't know if that 18% included a tip.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Ladies-:D

Am I the only one out there who thinks tipping the Royal Romance people, waiters, etc is a little over the top? Don't get me wrong- I WORK in Hospitality- so I know the importance of gratuity. But I also know how "banquets" are arranged- 15%-20% AUTO GRAT and the rest of the "fees" are sucked up by RCCL and company. It just kills me to spend $1850 on a ceremony, $1260 on the reception (not to mention the cost of the cruise $1800) and think that they aren't getting taken care of. :rolleyes:

Archived