Mandy- Have a good 1st day at school!

Thanks Kathy!!! It was meetings all day, but students were there to pick up schedules this morning. I'll get to do the nitty gritty of what I need to do on Thurs/Fri - like the beginning of year letter, grading policies, etc. I still have to figure out what those are at my new school which is why I haven't typed all that yet... old school counted tests 40%, quizzes 35%, and daily work 25%. We'll see. But THANKS so much for the back to school note!! :)

By the way... CruiseCritic is firewalled for students AND teachers at my school. So no having lunch at my desk and reading the boards... :(

There must be a way to get past the firewall!

Can't you go to TOOLS, then internet options then connections to LAN settings and unclick "use a proxiy server.........................................."

that's how I have to do this at work in order to see this board and my hotmail account.

Good luck!

I'll try that when I get a computer that works in my classroom!! The one in my new classroom is definitely fried - can't even get to a login screen and the techs for the district have said it's been fried since last Christmas!! That teacher just used a laptop from the mobile student laptop cart. I'm hoping they can find me a computer so I don't have to check one out everyday! UGH! But when I do get one, I'll try your suggestion. The chair I ordered for my room should be in today at Office Max though!! :)

Archived