Semi-formal question

AnnieC

Sorry to ask yet another clothing question, but I'm going on QM2 in the autumn (fall) and have a beautiful blue heavily beaded cocktail dress (it is beaded all over and cocktail length). Is it too dressy for semi-formal (informal) on QM2?

Thanks ladies (and possibly gentlemen).

Annie

Annie,

I have never sailed before but I do plan on dressing quite formal even on semi-formal nights. For me getting all dressed up will part of the fun. I say go for it! :D

Have a wonderful time.

Betsy/534

Sorry to ask yet another clothing question, but I'm going on QM2 in the autumn (fall) and have a beautiful blue heavily beaded cocktail dress (it is beaded all over and cocktail length). Is it too dressy for semi-formal (informal) on QM2?

Annie

Annie- Not at all! It sounds a lot like one I have worn (Albeit probably yours is in a much smaller size!) on informal nights!

Enjoy! That's half the fun, wearing those fine clothes that you can't wear too many places on land!

I never wear dresses in my normal life (and now I remember some of the reasons why- including my aching feet! I had to go to a wake tonight, so changed into a dress and flats! I am in pain in body parts I didn't even realize I had! )

Wear it in good health!

Karie, who really does enjoy dressing up. As long as she can just sit there and look pretty and not have to actually move or breathe! <G>

Is it too dressy for semi-formal (informal) on QM2?

It is pretty difficult to get too dressy on Cunard - I agree entirely with previous posters - sounds stunning! And beware 'informal' on Cunard = 'Jacket & Tie' for men, 'cocktail dress, dressy trouser suit or similar' for women'. So it sounds right on the money!

Peter

Thank you for taking the trouble of replying to yet another clothing question, Peter. I don't often post, but do read the boards regularly and have learnt such a lot from all of you.

Thanks again, Annie

Annie

I just sailed QM2. Your dress sounds appropriate for the informal night but too dressy for the casual nights (first and last). Have a great time dressing up! On formal nights you can't be too dressy and feel out of place. Outfits ran the gamut of very simple long/black to beads, ruffles and every kind of evening gown you can think of. I saw lots of suits and tuxedos. For those dressed in less than I described above, they must have been hiding out in the Kings Court because I never saw them in Britannia or the Queens Room. You can find out ahead what kind of balls you will have on board. Customer service at Cunard has that information. Have a great time!

Archived