NCL Rewards Card

jbarboza4

Thanks fellow posters. I hadn't read the fine print well enough (an eye appointment is scheduled next Wednesday!!!), but was wondering if there was an annual fee.

With my two kids going to college at the same time, I don't think it will be hard to accumulate those points in a hurry :rolleyes: .

ute_fan - Do remember that there is a monthly limit on points. If you are using the card to pay fees, books, etc. for college, it could exceed your point limit. You may want a second card that does do another form of rebate to maximize your return.

Monte - Thanks. This was our first time redeeming points which was why I asked our TA up front about the use. From previous bookings, I believe this agency apparently has a close relationship with NCL. I figured that even if the certificates couldn't both be used that I could hold onto one for a future trip.

ute_fan - Do remember that there is a monthly limit on points. If you are using the card to pay fees, books, etc. for college, it could exceed your point limit. You may want a second card that does do another form of rebate to maximize your return.

I maxed out at 1000 points in May and have to wait until Sept. to start earning points again. Everything is going thru the airline card until then.

What kills me is I will be on the Sun in a week and all those onboard charges and will not able to leverage the NCL 4%.

From Shoreguy I will be on the Sun in a week and all those onboard charges and will not able to leverage the NCL 4%.

Bummer. Points out the need to track your own points and plan ahead.

OTOH for 7 days next week you won't care :D

1000 is the annual max. Do you remember the monthly limit?

Bummer. Points out the need to track your own points and plan ahead.

OTOH for 7 days next week you won't care :D

1000 is the annual max. Do you remember the monthly limit?

250 points which is $8333 in regular purchases or $6250 with NCL.

Shoreguy

Thanks for the info.

Charlie (Who should be able to look this up by himself but it's Saturday :D )

Had my cruise file open on the floor - if I needed the documentation for any other card I would have no idea where to look :rolleyes:

Thanks for bringing this up I might be ok for my cruise. Just went to MBNA web site to check when I got my first statement and it was Sept. Since my Aug. charges will fall after the close of the bill cycle I may get my 4%.

I guess I will have to call. Can't get all answers online.

Shoreguy

When we opened our account I thought that the annual limit was based on a calendar year. Starts the accounting every January. It's probably easier for MBNA to track.

Charlie (still working from what memory I have)

" each year (i.e. twelve consecutive months commencing with the beginning of the month which you made your first purchase, cash advance or balance transfer....)"

We've used the point system for several years, before with Citibank and now with MBNA. My husband and I have separate cards, and can combine the certificates as long as they are for one cabin and we are both booked in it. So we have now taken three NCL cruises and only paid the deposit out of pocket. I think they can be used for other family members also as long as you the certificate owner makes the reservation.

As I said before, it's only a bargain if you never pay interest.

[quote name='CSM']I think they can be used for other family members also as long as you the certificate owner makes the reservation.[/QUOTE]
Can anyone verify this? I was planning to call and ask if I can use my points to book two cabins. My name is the only one on the card, and obviously I can't stay in both cabins.

[quote name='Cruise_More_Often'] DH and I each just applied for cards. We have two cruises to pay off, one that is with NCL. I can see another cruise in our future. Whoopie![/QUOTE]

Pay off one (cruise) while booked for the next and planning for the one after that. Whoopie. Congratulations, you are now official members of the CAC, Cruise Addiction Club. For better or worse, we're addicted and we're darned sure we're going to stay that way. :D

Waiting for a $500 cert. to arrive to be used for our Nov. Dawn cruise.:D In my experience, they have arrived within a 2 wk window. Now watch this one be different!

Bennett'sCruise, yes, when you have 500 pts accumulated, you can request a $500 cert. The next threshold is $1000.

The card feeds our cruising addiction very nicely.:)

If you need to get your 500 dollar certificate in a hurry for a last minute cruise, you can pay mbna a fee to get the certificate within three days. The last time I did this, I think it cost me 50 dollars. At the time it was worth it. I did not want to risk not getting it in time for final payment (which was one week away).

Coka

[QUOTE]The card feeds our cruising addiction very nicely.[/QUOTE] Have you found yourself reaching for the credit card for a $1.00 purchase? You look at the picture of the ship (ours is the S/S Norway) and just smile at the cashier. :D

[quote name='98Charlie']Have you found yourself reaching for the credit card for a $1.00 purchase? You look at the picture of the ship (ours is the S/S Norway) and just smile at the cashier. :D[/QUOTE]
Yep just used ours to pay for the weekly newspaper LOL and love looking at the ship it's the Dawn and we will be sailing on her in Nov ,so now I have a free souvenier :) I'm lovin it

Has anyone ever used the certificates for a cruise for someone other than themselves. My daughter is getting married and I have $3000.00 worth of points I want to use for her honeymoon. She should get a fabulous cabin. I don't see anything about this in the rules. Anybody have any experience with this? Thanks

[quote name='cruise freak']Has anyone ever used the certificates for a cruise for someone other than themselves. My daughter is getting married and I have $3000.00 worth of points I want to use for her honeymoon. She should get a fabulous cabin. I don't see anything about this in the rules. Anybody have any experience with this? Thanks[/QUOTE]

I don't think that should be a problem. I just checked the detaled rules and it seems that as long as you are not selling, brokering or transfering the certificate you should be go to go.

As long as you are booking the cruise an providing the certificates it would be a normal transaction. I have done this for years with my FF miles. Just like airline vouchers they don't want to see them on Ebay :)

[quote name='shoreguy']College can run it up faster. Even though I had the money I ran my sons tuition thru the card. I have to wait until October to start earning more points. It is not hard to exceed the $1000 per year max. on the points.[/QUOTE]

For the last two years, we hit the $1,000 limit before the 12 months were up.

That is why we ordered a second card and now track the points accumulated during the year. When we are close to the $1,000, we switch over to the second card.

You can use points from multiple cards as long as you claim them in increments of 500 points from each card.

We have over $2,000 on our first card and have already added another $250 on the second.

Archived