NCL Rewards Card

jbarboza4

Thanks BigAl, even if it was off topic a little bit.

In regards to your question about using certificates for shipboard charges, I should clarify my answer in that I'm aware that some posters advise that they have been able to apply the [u]unused balance of a certificate[/u] to shipboard charges...I've never heard of anyone actually apply a full certificate to shipboard charges.

In my own personal experience I was unable to use even the balance of a certificate for shipboard charges and the points were lost. I blame this on a lazy TA (who advised me she was working on it and then commenced igoring my emails and not returning my phone calls) and my own greed in trying to use the certificates to pay for the entire cost of the cruise.

We just bought a new truck in July and I did try to get them to let me put it on the MBNA....or at least the maximum to get the 250 per month points. :D

Nope, it didn't work because they have to pay the 3% merchant fee and did not want to give up their profit margin. I did mangage to get them to let me put $1,000 on it, which was really another barganing tool for them to get the business....LOL...and it worked!

Almost all of the mega big companies will accept payments by credit card. The smaller rural phone, water, electric companies are probably not set up to be able to yet.

Just love that card! What are some of the craziest things you have tried to pay with your credit card? And did you succeed? Trying to get more tips here..LOL!

[quote name='patandcd']We just bought a new truck in July and I did try to get them to let me put it on the MBNA....or at least the maximum to get the 250 per month points. :D

Just love that card! What are some of the craziest things you have tried to pay with your credit card? And did you succeed? Trying to get more tips here..LOL![/QUOTE]

I pay the lease on the car every month. I even put all the one time fees on the card.

Nothing unusual the normal list

Dentist bills
Co pay doctors
Car payment
All groceries
Gas
Gasoline
Electric
College
Cable bill
Dry cleaning
Beverages
All meals out

I have reached a point wher I write one check per month - Lawn care - looking for a new service that takes the card.

The only things I can't get on are the house payment and any other card payments.

[quote name='thewolffs']I signed up online for the card. I never received an email or anything telling me if I was approved. Is this how it works? Will I just receive it in the mail.

Christie[/QUOTE]

That's the way it worked for me last year. Never heard a word. Even called to make sure it went thru. Go a stock answer it takes x-x weeks. 4 weeks later viola - card in the mailbox

I love going out to dinner with 20-30 friends and organizing the bill afterward. I get to put it all on the card and I get a free cash advance.

Just put $4,000 of college tuition on...thats 120 points!!!!

I am paying for a Carnival cruise with the NCL card....we are doing a family cruise and the only line that met our requirements (port, week, etc) was Carnival. At least my TA is taking my credit info by phone...she can't see the sin being committed....lol

If it is a sin to charge a cruise on another line, we (or at least our credit card) would have burst into flames by now. :eek:

We've had it for about 15 months and used it for Celebrity, Princess, and Royal Caribbean. I'll still be smiling when we board the Majesty for our post-Thanksgiving cruise :D

[quote name='JuniorCruiser']We will be sailing the Dawn in 3 weeks and was wondering if i bought flowers and cabin decorations and the anniversary package what would i get in points if i used the Norwegian card? Thanks for any info :) Happy Sailing Everyone :p

~~Debbie~~[/QUOTE]
Simple....4 points for every dollar spent on NCL. Otherwise, 3 points for every dollar spent.

[quote name='jbarboza4']I just applied for a NCL Mastercard. Has anyone actually been able to earn enough rewards for a vacation? Right now I have an AMEX card with sky miles but the blackout dates a ridiculous. Looking for a worthwhile rewards program.[/QUOTE]
jbarboza4
My wife and I have had the Master Card program for long time and utilized it on many occasions. Matter of fact it started out as a visa then the company was bought out and continued on with the same concept. Then it was bought out recently by MBNA who continued with the Master Program but started adding points with no penalty. We are taking our 12th cruise this November and just sent in my award of $500.00 off the negoiated price. No hastle. If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask.

[quote name='Fran0521']jbarboza4
My wife and I have had the Master Card program for long time and utilized it on many occasions. Matter of fact it started out as a visa then the company was bought out and continued on with the same concept. Then it was bought out recently by MBNA who continued with the Master Program but started adding points with no penalty. We are taking our 12th cruise this November and just sent in my award of $500.00 off the negoiated price. No hastle. If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask.[/QUOTE]
Has anyone noticed that when the program was with Visa it was virtually unknown, but now that it is with MBNA Mastercard there seems to be a lot more interest? Only difference that I can recall is the Visa had a small yearly fee, but the points system was the same. Maybe it has to do with the popularity of Freestyle, I'm not sure.

[quote name='jmcdon7230']Has anyone noticed that when the program was with Visa it was virtually unknown, but now that it is with MBNA Mastercard there seems to be a lot more interest? Only difference that I can recall is the Visa had a small yearly fee, but the points system was the same. Maybe it has to do with the popularity of Freestyle, I'm not sure.[/QUOTE]
It may also have something to do with Carnival's change in their charge card points program a few years ago. When they changed providers, the rewards changed for the worse. The new program made it harder to accumulate points and raise the amount of points required to get a reward. That's when I switched to the NCL card.

[quote name='cruisecap']Can anyone tell me approximately how long it takes to receive the coupon? Also, when you are using a travel agent, do you mail the certificate directly to NCL or do you give it to the travel agent?

Thanks[/QUOTE

I have read different posts saying anywhere from two to six weeks to receive the certificate. I called customer service as soon as I had accumulated the 500 points and requested the certificate. I received it within one week. So, I suppose it might depend on who answers the phone? :confused:

I have also read here on the boards that you should mail the certificate directly to NCL. On the back of the certificate it states "The Certificate must be presented by you or your Travel Agent with your final payment to NCL or Orient Lines to:" then lists the addresses to mail it to. So, you can do it either way. I will probably send it by registered mail to the NCL address, just to make sure it gets there and to have written proof that is was mailed. The TA I used last time was in California, so would just be a waste of time to go thru someone who is not local. :)

Hope this helps!

Ordered 1000 points 12 days ago and was told it would take up to six weeks. They arrived today. That's about the same time that it has taken in the past. I think they tell you six weeks just to be on the safe side, but it's still a good idea to order them early.

CSM

Archived