NCL Rewards Card

jbarboza4

We are cruising in February from our reward points. We booked an aft penthouse suite and FULLY paid for by our reward points. Tht's for my family of 4!! Total cruise cost would have been $4800.

I've had the card for about 5 years racking up the points. It used to be there was no limit as to how many points you could earn in a month/year. Then about 2 years ago they started setting limits. Under todays limits I never would have been able to rack up over 5K points for cruises.

I love the idea of opening up another account. Good thinking!! It would definately work because you pay the travel agent with reward coupons. I turned in 8 coupons.

For information, I had our coupons Fed ex'ed to me for $35. I booked the cruise and put a hold on it. In the meantime I called MBNA and had the coupons Fedex'd to me.

I fear this is too good to be true and Norwegian is going to cancel any day. I just can't see how they can deal with suites being booked by non-revenue passangers.

I have to giggle about a previous post where the woman was showing the card around at work. THAT'S ME! (sorry to yell) but I do the same thing. I pass it around at Bunco and any opportunity I can to share my good fortune.

We pay for everything on this cc. Gas, moving company, chistmas gifts, new furnace, everything that will take a cc I use it for. We pay our balance off in full every month.

I'm just wondering if any other cruise line has a similar deal?

Stephanie

Cruising on the SUN penthouse for FREE 2/26/05

Stephanie

Royal Caribbean has a Visa program. Click Here For Link But, it doesn't seem to come close to what NCL has worked out with MNBA.

Celebrity has a program nearly identical to RCCL. Click Here then click on Celebrity Rewards Credit Card details.

I'm with you in wondering how long they will keep the program. Then again, the amount returned to us (the card holders) is about the same as with a Discover Card.

Charlie

Used my certificates and paid an extra $36.00 for our cruise out of New Orleans this coming saturday. We pay off our bill every month and put everything that we would normally buy on the card. Our son is in his fourth year of college and we have always put his tuition on the card. The points were easy to redeem and we shall be sipping margaritas in a couple of days. I'm sure i will be bragging to all my new friends on board about our free cruise. What better advertising could there be. This really is like getting something for nothing.

Engineer

We finally accrued 500 points and made the phone call to MBNA last Friday requesting our "certificate". After asking the MBNA representative MANY questions, (to which I already "knew" most answers-thanks to this message board), all responses were in-line with my already gathered information. THANK YOU CRUISE CRITIC MEMBERS! :D As always, you've given me the "need to know information"!

Still, I'm feeling that this "promotion" from Norwegian Cruise lines is TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE! The MBNA representative said that I should receive my certificate in 2-3 weeks. If I haven't received in in 4 weeks-give them a call. So, I should have it in plenty of time to submit with my final cruise payment in February.

Having had some problem getting on-board credits with NCL in the past, I guess I'm a bit gun-shy with the MBNA certificate. :eek: But, I'm hoping to be able to report to the board a HIP HIP HOORAY when the $500 certificate arrives and I see the $500 credit on my MBNA credit card after it is submitted!

The "certificate" should arrive just in time for Christmas! :D

Can you believe it...on Friday, December 4th I requested my MBNA $500 Certificate and was told it should arrive in 2-3 weeks (possibly 4 because of the Christmas mail season)...and "what to my wondering eyes should appear"...but an envelope in my mail box just 8 days later with the wonderful certificate!!!!! And to think, I thought it would be great if it would just arrive before Christmas. Needless to say, there is a smile on my face a mile wide! :D

I can only hope that redemption of the certificate will be as easy.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT! ;)

Debjo

• 1 month later...

We applied for the NCL Mastercard just recently. It seems like a great deal! We haven't received the card yet and are hoping to book a cruise within the next several days. Two questions:

1) How much time is required from card application to delivery; is it a pretty quick turn around? (we applied on-line)

2) I realize it might be considered a security issue, but does anyone know of anyone at NCL or MBNA that I could speak to about having the two companies share my card information so that a charge can be made to my new account even prior to us receiving the card? I realize this might be a "stretch", but I hate the thought of making an NCL charge without an NCL card, now that I know the value of the card.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

I don't know that they would do that, but I think your best bet would be to see if MBNA would give you the number (and exp date) then you could give it to NCL when you make the reservation.

It's a great card. Gave us $1000 off our recent Sun cruise and we have almost $1000 credit on the card now.

-Monte

Archived