To All Prior Cruise Brides.....or Grooms....

EPD

• 2 weeks later...
We got married on Princess at Sea in the afternoon. After pictures and then cake and a toast, it was time for our 6 pm formal dinner. So no, we only did cake. It worked out very well. Our guests waited for us to finish up pictures for a little while. If I were to do it again, I would have cake and toasts then finish the pictures and go to dinner.

Kelley

We started the morning of our wedding day with a brunch reception on land at a local restaurant. (We were a little backwards having a reception before the wedding and then one after the wedding but it was so much fun). From there, everyone boarded the ship and while our guests explored, we got ready for the ceremony. After the ceremony, we had a sunset cocktail party reception with appetizers served on a buffet, cut the cake and enjoyed dancing. About an hour before we set sail (it was an evening departure) our 70 guests had to disembark, but they then hung out on the docks with glow sticks, flashlights, and noisemakers wishing us bon-voyage. Passengers from all over the ship came out on their balaconies to see what the fuss was about! It was a wonderful way to spend the time with our friends and families.

To answer your question regarding the head table, on ships you have to be flexible. Depending on the room/space your reception will be held, the tables may/may not be movable. What will be important to your guests is that you walk around to each of them and say hello, not where you are sitting. Congrats and enjoy.. getting married on a ship is unique and special for the both of you and your guests. :)

• 2 weeks later...
We got married on the Mercury and had a sit-down lunch reception for 100 guests (25 sailing). The food was excellent and the service outstanding. We did have a head table for us and our wedding party, but it wasn't a traditional wedding table, it was just a round table in the front and centre in amongst our guests. We even had the coordinators and waiters set the tables with homemade wedding favours. The table with our wedding cake was set in the middle of the guest tables.

• 2 weeks later...
We had a table in the middle of our reception with the cake table right next to it. Brent and I sat by the window looking into the room so all of our dinning room pictures have the ocean in the background and look very nice.

Our luncheon was wonderful and we also had our favors placed on everyones plate.

Hey Celebrity Bride, how did you find getting 100 guests onto the ship through security? That was the only stressful part of the day. And we finally got me onboard with only 10 minutes to spare before the wedding. Talk about a rush to get dressed!!!

About the 100 guests... our ceremony was scheduled for 12:30pm in one of the lounges. We were supposed to be onboard at 11:00am to get ready, but Customs/Immigration didn't show up in the morning as planned, so they let us on at noon with the condition that all of the sailing guests needed to be off the ship by 3:30pm to check-in with Customs in order to sail. It was a bit rushed at the end, and a lot of waiting in the beginning, but everything ended up working out. I believe that one of our guests left his drivers license onboard and the next day a rep from Celebrity drove 1 hour to his house to return it.

I had 30 mins to get dressed and ready in my cabin, which was enough time for me as all I had to do was slip into my dress and wait for my flowers to be delivered to my stateroom.

Oh-the other stressful part involved my husband checking our baggage with our cruise tickets and documentation inside... I was digging through piles of bags trying to find our bag before we boarded.

Also, I wore my wedding dress and my hubby, his tux, to the lifeboat drill - got a lot of strange looks :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived