Biking Adventure

gregbethevan

My wife and I are looking into the Mountain bike trip, has anyone taking this excursion and what is the difficulty level.

We just took this excursion on 4/25/07. The trail is broken pavement with potholes and washed out areas filled with sand. The downhill portions are very steep.

On our trip, it poured rain all day. They held the excursion anyway, and the bikes had serious braking problems. I wound up destroying a bike and fracturing a rib. It may have been better if the weather had not been so wet, but unless you are experienced at zigzagging between potholes at high speed, I would not recommend it.

In my opinion, the guides were not prepared to deal with injured guests, as no first aid was offered at any time during the ride. The support vehicle was a joke...they wouldn't let me ride in the cab, I had to stand wedged in between bike racks on the back of a flatbed, in the pouring rain, with a busted rib. Personally, I would never book a tour that utilizes this operator, Chukka Caribbean Adventures, again.

The level of concern they demonstrated to me was non-existent.

Has anybody else done this excursion. I was wondering if it might be fun if no bones were broken in the process. How is the snorkeling at the end of it?

delkins, you already know my opinion of the tour, so I won't belabor that point.

Anyone can catch some bad weather, and in dry conditions it may not have been so bad. My biggest disappointment with this tour operator was how unprepared they were to deal with an injury, and frankly, the complete disregard these particular guides demonstrated toward me after the accident. They also showed very little concern for the discomfort of the other guests in the downpour.

Our group didn't have the opportunity to swim at Chukka Cove, as the water was too rough due to the wind, so I can't offer an opinion on that, but here are a couple of photos of Chukka Cove on that fateful day:D:

2558596100079365048mfjCrA_th.jpg2111998730079365048oZfJPN_th.jpg2921520560079365048ABNmTc_th.jpg

You can see the full size versions in my Mariner album at http://travel.webshots.com/album/558877402SAwRkS

Archived