White Tag Warning

Just returned from the Panama Canal cruise on Radiance which ended in San Diego. Because we were staying with family in the LA area for 4 days after the cruise we wanted to depart the ship as soon as possible. We asked for tags to be first-off after those carrying their own luggage. We were given white tags (which is what we expected). I don't know if this was a one-time occurrance (since this was a repositioning cruise of sorts) or if some of the ships are going to this method but we had a few terrifying moments when we debarked. We exited the ship and went to look for the 'white tag' luggage and could not find it. After being redirected back and forth across the huge facility full of luggage we were finally told that the white tag luggage was for valet service direct to LA airport and was outside the terminal in a truck. Since we were staying, we were not going to the airport and when we did leave, we were leaving from Ontario. The thought of our luggage going to LAX with no further identification as to airline, etc. almost caused cardiac arrest. Fortunately, we got off the ship and started this process early so that the truck with the luggage had not yet left the terminal. DH was able to go and look for the luggage (along with several others in the same situation) but was unable to re-enter the terminal after leaving (I was inside the terminal with the rest of the carry-on/carry-off items. Talk about some tense moments......just want those who are thinking of asking for the white tags to be alert and make certain white tags don't indeed identify luggage valet service!

Same here. White tags did not signify valet

Mohavemommy,

Love your location, but as wife says, turn the oven on to 120 and stick your head in and call that a dry heat LOL

Just returned from the Panama Canal cruise on Radiance which ended in San Diego. Because we were staying with family in the LA area for 4 days after the cruise we wanted to depart the ship as soon as possible. We asked for tags to be first-off after those carrying their own luggage. We were given white tags (which is what we expected). I don't know if this was a one-time occurrance (since this was a repositioning cruise of sorts) or if some of the ships are going to this method but we had a few terrifying moments when we debarked. We exited the ship and went to look for the 'white tag' luggage and could not find it. After being redirected back and forth across the huge facility full of luggage we were finally told that the white tag luggage was for valet service direct to LA airport and was outside the terminal in a truck. Since we were staying, we were not going to the airport and when we did leave, we were leaving from Ontario. The thought of our luggage going to LAX with no further identification as to airline, etc. almost caused cardiac arrest. Fortunately, we got off the ship and started this process early so that the truck with the luggage had not yet left the terminal. DH was able to go and look for the luggage (along with several others in the same situation) but was unable to re-enter the terminal after leaving (I was inside the terminal with the rest of the carry-on/carry-off items. Talk about some tense moments......just want those who are thinking of asking for the white tags to be alert and make certain white tags don't indeed identify luggage valet service!

Not to be silly or trivial, but why did you ask for the color? Why didn't you just ask for the '1st off tags'? This way there would have been no confussion about valet or not. Just my two cents!

Not to be silly or trivial, but why did you ask for the color? Why didn't you just ask for the '1st off tags'? This way there would have been no confussion about valet or not. Just my two cents!

Re-read what OP said:

We asked for tags to be first-off after those carrying their own luggage. We were given white tags (which is what we expected).

I was on the same cruise as Truffles and I have to say that debarkation was a nightmare. The ship was not cleared until 8:35AM.........so much for Express Walk Off.

They then started calling colors. Express Walkoff was the first to debark the ship and they had NO color tags..........they had NO tags at all. White was for Luggage Valet for certain airlines......where in the past, White has been for First Off. I think some rethinking is in order if the Airlines are going to offer luggage valet at certain ports.

I was on Vision 2 weeks ago. The first off tag color was red this time...I also had expected white since that is what we had on our last cruise.

Maybe there are changing the color system.....

I was on Vision 2 weeks ago. The first off tag color was red this time...I also had expected white since that is what we had on our last cruise.

Maybe there are changing the color system.....

Wow, this will sure be a shame for the person that has been selling white tags on Ebay! :rolleyes:

Archived