Is Labadee zipline up and running yet?

We were in Labadee last week on the Freedom of the Seas.... it is not up and running they have done tests and it is too fast! So they are still working on it and expect it to be ready in about 2 months. They also have a small short one as well as the long one over the water.

I will post some pictures later...

I was just there a week ago today and it was not open. It also didn't have a sign or anything indicating when it would be open. There are actually two lines. I was really disappointed because I had just done the zip line in Jamaica the day before and was eager to try this one. Shipshape - you are soooo right! This is the BEST excursion and I thought nothing would ever top Stingray City! I got to the end of the last line and asked if I could do the whole thing over again. Would have gladly paid the money to do it all over again.

K1200S - I have some pictures of the lines http://community.webshots.com/album/558875356JGfjIr?start=12

I could see how it would be too fast but isn't that part of the fun? :D Guess I'll have to book another cruise so I can check it out. Not interested in the smaller one but the long one looks like a blast!

Normarfan5-

Hey Neighbor...... Nice pictures. The larger zipline is HUGE! I'll be there on the Mariner in July. If it's up and running I may think about trying the smaller one. I'm too much of a chicken to try the bigger one.

Hey neighbor - I'm not sure how long the big one is but it doesn't seem any longer than the one in Jamaica. It really wasn't that bad. Jumping off platforms is not something I normally think of doing but I only hesitated a second on the longest line and it ended up being my favorite. Give it a try - you may surprise yourself. ;) And be sure to let everyone know how it was!

nomarfan5 thanks for the pictures. Since I won't be in Labadee until next January RCCL has plenty of time to get it right. I don't mind the speed but I sure don't want a real sudden stop.

Nomarfan, glad to hear you enjoyed the Jamaica zipline so much. We are sailing Freedom in June and in Ocho Rios I have booked the zipline canopy for son and husband, who have never cruised before, and love doing semi-adventurous things together.

I saw the zipline in Labadee last month. I think it takes a different kind of courage to zipline over the water than in the jungle. I guess it is safer over the water, if you did drop for some reason you are dropping into water instead of hard land. You can tell I am not keen on this myself. I don't even like upside down roller coasters or driving over bridges much less hanging from a line. But it does look like fun!

I was there last week also on the Mariner and wished they would have been open. The larger one looks like it will be a blast.

Capt. Per told me that they are working out a few more items and they should be ready within a couple months.

Here is what was reported in another thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=551392

We're on Mariner of the Seas and the Labadee zip line is open! Here are some quick details.

- Over 3000 feet long

- 5 lines

- They do approximately 3 tours/trips a day. I estimate 20 people per trip/tour

- $59 for the 1st run, $20 for the 2nd run

- You take a land rover up to the top of the hilll

- The view of the ocean is amazing

- Don't know if you can book via the ship or website yet

My buddy was the 3rd paying customer on the line so all of this is subject to change. The ship didn't even know it was open; they thought it was still closed.

ther you have it!

I am sure they will get the number of participates higher as they get comfortable with the process. Otherwise, you could have only 60 people per cruise doing the zip line ?%&%%((*():(

It looks great! High, long and over the water! Excellant!:D

Archived