Legend only Questions! Post 'em Here!

Cleavis

Could someone help me out with some pictures of suites 11 and 12 category, and the perks that come with being in those suites. Thanks a bunch. Trying to decide if worth it.

The only perk is priority embarkation.

Help please i have a little panic we have booked dolphin encounter in cozumel to start at 3.30, but have just found out about the time difference and while it says ship leaves at 6.00 i believe this is actually 5.00 cozumel time. Has anybody else booked the 3.30 session and made it back to ship in time. Am i cutting it too fine?

We're booked in a Balcony 8E for next Sunday. We and our friends have the two rooms with the unusally large balconies that go behind the elevators. I started putting together all my stuff to pack. With all the wine, beer, liquor, folding cooler and of course the iron, candles, bbq grill (for the steaks!) and bull whip :rolleyes: , I had to get out the Big Momma of all suitcases. But will it fit under the bed? If it doesn't fit, can I keep it on the balcony? The suitcase in question is about 13" high.

On my last cruise, I was 16. Now I have kids who are 19 and 23, so it was a while ago. I remember being in an inside cabin with my sister and my mother and three LARGE american tourister hard shell suitcases. It was so crowded we had to take turns getting dressed. I don't want to share my space with a suitcase again. :p

We were on the Spirit last April.

I also brought the mother of all suitcases. It did fit under the bed.

If not, then I would shove it into the back of a closet and drape clothes over it.

Some ships have rooms where extra luggage is kept. you could always ask about that.

Me again. You can bring the bull ship and the collapsing cooler.

you cannot have candles or the alchohol packed in your luggage.

You can use their irons.

The Barbeque was a joke, right?

Really, and I thought about this for a while, you shouldn't have that much to pack. It's a warm weather cruise. Those kind of clothes don't take up that much room. Have everyone bring smaller suitcases. they will easily fit under the bed. Also, if your big one gets lost...........it's better to have 2 smaller ones.

Sorry to confuse you.

I had to get out the Big Momma of all suitcases. But will it fit under the bed? If it doesn't fit, can I keep it on the balcony? The suitcase in question is about 13" high.

I wouldn't put it on the balcony in case of rain or rough seas. I think it will go under the bed, but if it doesn't, you could always open it flat and slide it under like that. With two rooms, you should have plenty of underbed storage space!

Oh, yeah, I just read what bmacri said and that is right. If you are bringing just one suitcase with everyone's clothes, you would be better off bringing several smaller suitcases. Also, it's a good idea to cross pack in case one of the suitcases gets lost. That way one person doesn't have to do without for the week.

Hi all

Let me start by saying that you all are going to LOVE Legend.

The monkey we held was a Gumbalimba Park in Roatan, awesome place.

I will write a review as soon as I get alittle more time, I do have all the capers I will post also.

4136 Yes, the doors do open but only a little because the beds are in the way. We have only a railing though no balcony, we actually saw maintenance workers in the lifeboat right in front of our room ALOT! Kinda weird.

There was always plenty of chairs and room on deck, we found that there was more room on deck 10. It REALLY is amazing that there are 2000+ people onboard. I never felt crowded, except during peak feeding time.:D

I just checked my link and seems to be working...... ( for the person who said it wasn't working ):confused:

Akkarebear, awesome pics. What kind of camera did you use for the underwater pics? Also about what time (approx) does the ship go under the skyway bridge? I'd hate to be in the dining room or something when we go under in August, it looks so beautiful.

Thanks for the pics! Now I just have to tell myself only 6 more months! :eek:

Hi all

Let me start by saying that you all are going to LOVE Legend.

The monkey we held was a Gumbalimba Park in Roatan, awesome place.

I will write a review as soon as I get alittle more time, I do have all the capers I will post also.

4136 Yes, the doors do open but only a little because the beds are in the way. We have only a railing though no balcony, we actually saw maintenance workers in the lifeboat right in front of our room ALOT! Kinda weird.

There was always plenty of chairs and room on deck, we found that there was more room on deck 10. It REALLY is amazing that there are 2000+ people onboard. I never felt crowded, except during peak feeding time.:D

I just checked my link and seems to be working...... ( for the person who said it wasn't working ):confused:

I just tried again:confused: I will try tomorrow at work:D

Glad you enjoyed Gumbalimba Park, I think we are going to do it also.

Akkarebear, awesome pics. What kind of camera did you use for the underwater pics? Also about what time (approx) does the ship go under the skyway bridge? I'd hate to be in the dining room or something when we go under in August, it looks so beautiful.

Thanks for the pics! Now I just have to tell myself only 6 more months! :eek:

JustStartin,

Just off the Legend 2 days ago. I think I remember we passed under the bridge around 6:15? It was chilly and breezy, but you won't have to worry about that when you'll be going ;).

We had late dinner seating, so we didn't have to deal with getting up in the middle of dinner to see it. If you have early seating, it might be a pain. The Truffles Dining Room is all the way aft on Deck 2 or 3 (depending on which level they have you seated), and the elevator closest to it only goes to the Lido Deck, where you'll then have to walk back aft again to get outside at least to the Unicorn Bar (or then walk upstairs from there to Deck 10) to see it. Since it was so cold and windy for us, we were all the way forward on Deck 10 just behind the glass (but still outside).

Me again. You can bring the bull ship and the collapsing cooler.

you cannot have candles or the alchohol packed in your luggage.

You can use their irons.

The Barbeque was a joke, right?

Really, and I thought about this for a while, you shouldn't have that much to pack. It's a warm weather cruise. Those kind of clothes don't take up that much room. Have everyone bring smaller suitcases. they will easily fit under the bed. Also, if your big one gets lost...........it's better to have 2 smaller ones.

Sorry to confuse you.

Yes, I was joking about all of it except what size suitcases fit under the bed. I love to have a giggle. Thanks for your kind help.

Help please i have a little panic we have booked dolphin encounter in cozumel to start at 3.30' date=' but have just found out about the time difference and while it says ship leaves at 6.00 i believe this is actually 5.00 cozumel time. Has anybody else booked the 3.30 session and made it back to ship in time. Am i cutting it too fine?[/quote']

This sounds a little tight. It is possible that by the time your cruise leaves, Tampa will have turned their clocks ahead an hour, and I don't think Cozumel follows that custom, so they may be 2 hours behind ship time at that point...then you will probably be ok. Are you going to Chankanaab? We went there in Nov and did the Dolphin Encounter & swim (but not the Royal one). We were actually in the water for around 45 minutes and were told to be there around an hour ahead. It is about 10-15 minutes by cab from the port. But you will have to be on the ship an hour before it leaves, so plan accordingly. Do you have a way to contact them again and try to change the time? I'm sure you'd enjoy it more if you weren't worried about the time!:) And Chankanaab is a lovely place....easy to spend hours there! And we were very pleased with the dolphin swim there, also...the highlight of our trip!!!:D

KenMo

My link for pictures should be under my countdown clock.:confused:

The underwater camera pictures are the pictures our tour guides took.

They had a nice large camera with flash, sorry don't know the brand/type. My pictures turned out ok but not as nice as theirs. :rolleyes:

On the excursions list for Roatan, we just picked "snuba" it doesn't tell you where they go. Now that I think of it I hope they don't have multiple companies offering it. I guess Carnival would know, but ours snuba guide company was set up in Gumbalimba Park. They were GREAT! We had heard that it would suck being teathered to an air line but it wasn't bad at all. The guide we had would move us around and we all would follow him so we were able to see different areas under the water.

I just tried again:confused: I will try tomorrow at work:D

Glad you enjoyed Gumbalimba Park, I think we are going to do it also.

Didn't have time at work today. Just clicked on it now and it worked:confused: Go figure:cool: Great pictures.

Akkarebear,

Sorry if I'm getting annoying. I guess I'm just addicted to the boards right now. :rolleyes:

I read your review, which is also under member reviews for Legend. All I can say is THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU... :D

Couple more questions though. About how much did they charge for the snuba pics? And was the Gumbalimba Park included in the snuba or did that cost extra?

DH, 3 DD's (19, 17, & 14) and I will be going in August and the 19 really wants to scuba, but we said no, maybe snorkle, so this may be a good compromise. The 17 is crazy about monkeys, so this place may be close to perfection.

Thanks again!!!!! :D