Legend only Questions! Post 'em Here!

Cleavis

I just recieved my assignment for my cabin.. #8229 Panoroma deck, anyone every stayed in this cabin or near.. extended balcony?

Thanks cant wait to go!!

We were in 8169 (ok no jokes about the number!), so you are on the same side of the ship, just further back. Not sure if that is an extended balcony or not...did you check the carnival deck plan? We had extended, and it was nice. But even if you don't, there is room out there for 2 people to be comfortable!

Wish I was goin with ya!!!! You're gonna love it!:D

Hi everyone!

My husband and I just got our stateroom assignment for the Legend. We're in #4115 for the 4/6/08 sailing. Anyone stayed in this cabin? How is it?

Incidently, we booked a 1A guarantee, so we're THRILLED with the upgrade to a 5A! :D

Hi everyone!

My husband and I just got our stateroom assignment for the Legend. We're in #4115 for the 4/6/08 sailing. Anyone stayed in this cabin? How is it?

Incidently, we booked a 1A guarantee, so we're THRILLED with the upgrade to a 5A! :D

Congrats! All the cabins are basically the same, so don't worry! You are forward on the ship....if you look at the deck plans on Carnival's site, you will be able to see what may be above you.

Hope you have as great a time as we did....she is a beautiful ship and the ports are great!!!:D

Does anyone have a current pricelist for the excursions through Carnival on the Legend? I looked on the Carnival site, but they only gave a range. I tried to search the boards, but it was so slow my pc timed out. Thanks!

I don't know if anyone is going to be able to help you with that one since most people book online now...I don't think there is an actual price list. The way we knew how much each one was, was to actually go in as if you were going to book the excursion and then it will give you the price. However, if I remember correctly, you won't be able to do that until your

cruise is paid in full.

One thing I can tell you with more certainty is that booking independent excursions (not thru Carnival) will be considerably less costly and usually a less crowded experience. If you go to the Ports of Call threads, you will see many suggestions for independent tours which provide reliable and good experiences. We booked all of ours independently and had no issues.

Good luck, and enjoy your cruise!!!:D

Your TA or PVP can email you a list with the exact cost.

Yes, they can get expensive and for some ports, you can go with an independent tour guide IF you are comfortable doing that. Some people are not comfortable doing that and no amount of money saved is worth having your excursion diminised by worrying.

Cozumel can easily be done on your own. VERY TOURIST FRIENDLY The taxi ride will be $12 -15 to most places one way for a taxi of 4 and there are more taxis than sand...so don't worry about getting back to the ship. Cozumel is a place where you can just grab a taxi to one of the free beach resorts like Paradise Beach or Mr Sanchos. The ONLY time I recommend a ship excursion in Cozumel is IF you are doing the ruins which requires you leave the island. This requires a 45 minute ferry ride to the mainland and you should ONLY do this tour through the ship. The ship will wait for you....if you are late getting back or if the ferry has problems. The only other excursion that you MAY want to consider doing through the ship is swimming with the dolphins IF there are a lot of ships in port that day to make sure you get a spot!!!

Belize This is a port where you only want to do a ship tour or an independent tour if you are going "outside the fence". The people of Belize are wonderful but they are desperately poor, which makes them a little more aggressive than I care for. The other factor is that there are gangs from bordering countries that come in and cause trouble the Belize. So stick with an independent or a ship tour. If you are wanting to do something that requires traveling A LONG DISTANCE from the ship, do a ship tour. The roads are not the best. Cavetubing with several independents that lots of CCers have used is fine. You can find them recommended on the PORTS section of this board. But IF you go with an independent, stick with someone that has been recommended. This is not a port where you want to step outside the fence and just grab a taxi.

Grand Cayman is a port you can do on your own. VERY TOURIST FRIENDLY and very expensive. This is not where you want to do your shopping. But you can use an independent tour here and save some money. Again, look for recommendation on the PORT section of this board. Grand Cayman is a place where you can just grab a taxi to the beach if you want a beach day at Seven Mile Beach.

We have no experience with Roatan. Again, the PORT section of these boards can give you all the info you need.

Have a great cruise. We will be sailing her in 87 days!!!

Thank you both for your input. I was thinking along the very same lines. we really want to do the ruins in Belize, but Carnival does not offer a trip to Lamanai. While the ports-of-call boards do recommend various independent operators, I fear I would worry so much about missing the ship that I wouldn't be abel to enjoy the day. We may have to "settle" on Altun-Ha. That may be the only ship excursion we end up taking. On the other islands, we'll go with independent operators or explore on our own.

Thanks again. :)

Thank you both for your input. I was thinking along the very same lines. we really want to do the ruins in Belize, but Carnival does not offer a trip to Lamanai. While the ports-of-call boards do recommend various independent operators, I fear I would worry so much about missing the ship that I wouldn't be abel to enjoy the day. We may have to "settle" on Altun-Ha. That may be the only ship excursion we end up taking. On the other islands, we'll go with independent operators or explore on our own.

I will have to agree with much of what LHP says.

For the Dolphin Swim in Cozumel we booked ahead of time through Cozumel Insider dot com. It was very reasonable and the facilities at Chankanaab are beautiful...you can easily spend hours there enjoying the beach area (not great for sandy swimming area, but good snorkeling), the pool with swim up bar, lagoon, open air restaurants, and replicas of the ruins. Was about 10-15 minutes from port...I think a $10 cab ride each way. Very safe.

Definitely don't go off on your own outside the fence in Belize...we left the fence and lasted 10 minutes...the people are very aggressive in trying to sell to you...more so than in other ports.

Roatan is also a very poor and undeveloped country (and to me the most interesting port). There is a tour company used by MANY Cruise Critic folks called Boddentours dot com. Run by a man named Victor Bodden. You get a driver for the day...he will take you anywhere you want to go and wait while you go to beaches, etc. It costs less for 4 people than for 2. The people on this island are much more low key and friendly, though deperately poor. There are no formal port shopping areas at this port yet....just some little shacks on the street. But at least you feel like you're giving money to the people and not the cruise lines!

Good luck!!!:D

Hi,

I am really enjoying reading all this info about the Legend. We will be sailing a week from today. I am pregnant, and my current beverage of choice is club soda with a little fruit juice mixed in. Does anyone know if club soda is readily available? Is it covered by the soda card? And can I get juice anytime other than breakfast?

Thanks!

Hi,

I am really enjoying reading all this info about the Legend. We will be sailing a week from today. I am pregnant, and my current beverage of choice is club soda with a little fruit juice mixed in. Does anyone know if club soda is readily available? Is it covered by the soda card? And can I get juice anytime other than breakfast?

Thanks!

Congrats to you!! Yes, you can get club soda with the soda card (also my drink of choice, but since I am not pregnant, I mixed my own Vodka in!). I was hoping I may be able to get it for free, but since it is in cans and not dispensed through the fountain, you need the card. I imagine you can get a little juice mixed in...they would have to have orange and cranberry juices (at least) at all the bars.

And the buffets have iced tea, lemonade and fruit punch available 24/7. If you don't see juices available, I'm sure someone could get some for you, especially since you are pregnant. Have a wonderful cruise!!!! We LOVED it!!!:D

Bob, sorry I can't help with the trivia question...we didn't play it...

Cruz, I'm not sure what onboard booking you are referring to....excursions? next cruise? Both of those are available onboard. For the excursions, though, I would book ahead of time if you really want to book through the ship, as some of them fill up before the ship sails...

Congrats to you!! Yes, you can get club soda with the soda card (also my drink of choice, but since I am not pregnant, I mixed my own Vodka in!). I was hoping I may be able to get it for free, but since it is in cans and not dispensed through the fountain, you need the card. I imagine you can get a little juice mixed in...they would have to have orange and cranberry juices (at least) at all the bars.

And the buffets have iced tea, lemonade and fruit punch available 24/7. If you don't see juices available, I'm sure someone could get some for you, especially since you are pregnant. Have a wonderful cruise!!!! We LOVED it!!!:D

Bob, sorry I can't help with the trivia question...we didn't play it...

Cruz, I'm not sure what onboard booking you are referring to....excursions? next cruise? Both of those are available onboard. For the excursions, though, I would book ahead of time if you really want to book through the ship, as some of them fill up before the ship sails...

Thanks for the quick response. I was worried about that, kind of wavering on getting the soda card. Now I will for sure!

We did Lamanai with http://www.belizecruiseexcursions.com/Lamanai_Belize.htm and had no problems at all.

We were on Valor and Legend was in port with us. For some reason (I can't remember) we were an hour late getting there, so leaving an hour later also. So that meant that Legend was leaving an hour before us.

Anyway....a couple from Legend was with us. The guides are very aware of the ships schedules and made sure the Legend people were back in plenty of time.

I wouldn't hesitate going with them again. Just something else for you to consider!!

Enjoy your cruise!!!

I will be enjoying my first cruise a week from today :D . I am a trivia buff and was wondering how the trivia contests are played on the Legend (team, individual, electronic, manual, etc. - what is the format used).

I was on the Legend last August and went to a lot of the trivia games. Most of the games I remember, players were allowed to form teams of 3-4 people, although I'm sure you could play individually also. Other than a couple of games where audience members were chosen for a game show type format, I don't think there were any electronic games. Most of the trivia games were played in the Follies Lounge or the Legends Cafe. There was a name that tune type of game played in the piano bar and sports trivia in the sports bar. I think they also did crosswords and some kind of trivia on the Lido deck, too, but I never made it to that. There's a lot of trivia to enjoy on the Legend! :)

For the Western Itinerary on Legend, does anyone know what time the muster drill starts at?

Thanks, Jodie

Ours started around 3:30 or so...before we left port. (And to the amusement of the folks at the restaurants across the street! LOL!)

I guess it must look pretty funny to watch all those people with the big orange life vests on!:rolleyes:

How's the pool chair/lounge availability? Are there a lot of chair hogs on the ship?

Also, how crowded is the fitness center?

It gets fairly crowded on sea days, but there seemed to be alot of lounges so not too hard to get one or 2. And there is often seating at the tables, too, if you want shade.

Not sure about the fitness center...I was too busy relaxing!:)