Loved the Dawn-4/23-11 night

glen tev

Well here's a quick review.After 3 Rccl(Voyager(2x),Explorer)and 1 Carnival(Miracle)We Decided to give Ncl a try.

Embarktion-Typical Ny mess.Arrived at 1:30,got on at 4.Watched the muster drill from the checkin counter.LOL.I never understood why the NY terminal is always in such a mess.Is it p&o the company that runs it?Bayonne definatly runs a smoother operation.Any way moving on.

Room-had a standard inside for the 4 of us .My 2 kids are 5 and 3 so no big deal there.Put the bed into the u shape configuration(thanks cruise critics)and this helped out alot.We were on deck 8 aft and liked that you could cut thru Salsa to get to the mis ship elevators.We liked that ther were 4 banks of elevators fwd,mid and aft-much better than Rccl-hardly any waiting.

Ports-St thomas-Did magens Bay.As soon as they let the 1st 500-800 people off it started to pour.So the same people were now trying to get back on with the other 1200 trying to get off.of course Ncl(like all other lines)never to miss a sale is selling garbage bag rain ponchos for $2.I thought that was pretty funny.We got soaked and had fun at Magens bay anyway.

Antigua-Grand pineapple beach.What a great place-favorite stop on the whole cruise.All-inclusive for $45.nice beach,nice people, and great facilitys.Only problem is sandals bought it and are closing it for 18 months of renovations.What needs to be renovated is beyond me it looked fine.They'll probably ruin it.Turn it from a great deal for everyone(including familys)to a overpriced corporate mess.I'm glad we got to see it.Also saw Devils bridge.We took Antigua premier tours(Carl and Gordon)highly reccomend these 2.

Barbados-Took a tour of the island.went to the old church and just some scenery.The cricket world cup was going on so it was kind of hectic.

Grenada-We did Mandoo.What can you say.This guy is awesome.Very informative and really cares about his island.Got some bannanas for us and took us ti Great Etang lake were he called some monkeys from the wood and my kids got to feed them-priceless.Any body going to Grenada take this tour you wont be dissapointed.

Dominica-Shopping

BVI-Beach break.Beautiful-actually like it better than Magens Bay.Cleaner and alot more amneties,wish we were there longer.

Resturants-We did Salsa(2x) and loved it

Teppanyaki-this was our favorite.My kids loved the show from the chef.Got to finally try sake and the filet was the best i've ever had.

Cagneys-Was good .Had the surf and turf for 1/2 price at 5:30 but the filet at teppanyaki was much better.

Venetian-Did breakfast here alot-Eggs benedict and 2 dinner nights(prime rib and lobster)Enjoyed both.

Loved Blue Lagoon and Bimini.The hamburgers and pretzels were the best.Our favorite spot on the ship.My wife said the burgers were just as good as Johnny Rockets on rccl without the cover charge.

Conclusion-We loved Freestyle with the kids and loved the Dawn.I was amazed at the cleanliness of the Dawn compared to Explorer last year.Explorer and the Dawn were built the same time and went thru there last drydock in 05 and theres no comparision.I enjoyed the Dawn so much that we signed up for the Rewards and it looks like Bermuda next year on the Dawn.I found very little to complain about (other than the soda card.$82.50 for the cruise-are the nuts?I couldn't drink that much in 5 cruises Ha Ha)Loved the beer in the helmets,sitting in the sun by the Bimini.I'll just have to dream until next year Sigh....

Overall loved the Dawn and Ncl and can't wait to sail on her next year.

Archived