What to do 1st thing

sbcoach

Yes thats the pleasure the majority do in the first ten minutes aboard too.

Married couples (Man and Wife).;)

I waited till I was married.:D

Make love to your significant other to celebrate the incredible experiance that's is in front of you!! Oh, and its always better at sea!! :p

If you like to take the exercise classes (esp. Yoga and spinning) go to the gym RIGHT AWAY to sign up -- these are limited size classes, and even though it's first on my list (after dropping off my carry-on in the cabin) sometimes I end up on the waiting list! I know everyone says "relax" first and realize you're on a cruise -- but I don't like to start my cruise feeling bad that I might not get to do something I really enjoy; those Yoga and Spinning classes are really terrific ways to stay in shape, make friends and keep up with my workout schedule.

Also, if you were assigned to anytime dining and would prefer a traditional table assignment, the Maitre D is usually in the dining room to meet with passengers, and often by the second day you can get a set table assignment, at the early or late seating, with set dining partners and waitstaff (although sometimes this table is located in the "anytime" dining room rather than the "traditional" dining room).

Other than that, I like to read through the Patter (even if I've checked out recent ones online), plan my activities from sailaway to the evening, unpack my bags when they arrive in the cabin, dress for sailaway, walk around and get the "lay of the ship" -- and usually, go to meet with my Cruise Critic buddies at the planned sailaway gathering location!

I particularly enjoy watching the ship pull out of port from the open decks. In earlier years, I would never cruise in an inside cabin (too claustrophobic) and often watched sailaway from my cabin... but recently, having realized that I spend very little time in my own cabin anyway (even when I had a balcony I was almost never there) I now save $$$ by booking an inside cabin -- and usually spend the difference on those aforementioned gym classes, plus a spa treatment or two.

The only specialty dining I ever tried was on a Disney ship, and it was amazing -- but it always seems like a waste, since there's NO WAY to eat the quantity of AMAZING food they offer there. I'd like to try one of the Princess specialty restaurants, but I'm afraid of the same situation, given what I read on these boards. However, if you like specialty dining, you probably ought to sign up for that early, too.

-D

Head to the cabin-put valuables;) in the safe- Do a quick washup-since our flight out of Chicago is at 7am. Grab a bit of lunch and head into the Wonderful hot tub. A word of advice-if you plan on going into the water A.S.A.P. remember to pack your bathing suit into your carry-on,the luggage might not arrive as soon as you would like.

Archived