Suites on Miracle

babyher

DW and I are planning to take our niece and nephew (15 & 14 respectively ) on the Miracle 6 day NYC-Bermuda cruise in April 2008.

Normally DW and I book balcony cabins, but because we are bringing the kids this time we thought we would just book an OV and get an inside for the kids.

Now it has me thinking , would it be better to just get a Cat 11 suite for all of us?

looking for any advice from those who have been on Miracle. Would a Cat 11 sleep four comfortably (I know we would only have one bathroom this way , but we can manage)

Would there be that much of a price difference between getting a Cat 11 as opposed to an OV and an inside?

Any info would be helpful

Thanks in advance :)

Can't answer about the price difference, but I have stayed in a Cat 11 with my two kids. It was a few years ago when they were younger. There was a sofa that made up into a twin bed and an upper, so it was like bunk beds. I would see what set-up is cheaper for you. Either one would work.

We always take our youngest DD on cruises with us, but a few years ago when we were taking our older DD with us on her first cruise, I had planned to book a suite for the four of us (we usually book balcony cabins). The PVP was able to book us connecting balcony cabins on the Spirit for less than the price of a suite. You might look into that--more room, more privacy, two bathrooms. :)

Cheers!

Jayne

We always take our youngest DD on cruises with us, but a few years ago when we were taking our older DD with us on her first cruise, I had planned to book a suite for the four of us (we usually book balcony cabins). The PVP was able to book us connecting balcony cabins on the Spirit for less than the price of a suite. You might look into that--more room, more privacy, two bathrooms. :)

Cheers!

Jayne

Hmmm that is something to look into too

Seeing we live in CT we don't have to worry about airfare or hotels, plus we have quite abit left over on Vacation club points. So we have a few options open. I think DW was leaning towards the suite so we would all be in the same room to ease her mind.

Thanks for the info.:)

Just returned.

Suite Cat 11 Room 6162

This room did not appear to have a bed in the wall but did have a couch that opened to sleep at least one. Never opened it so cannot say for sure.

It would when open make movement through the stateroom a little awkward

Bathrooms do have a double sink so that helps a little

Also could do what I heard others suggest and some of you could shower in the SPA . Really nice overhead showheads

Just returned.

Suite Cat 11 Room 6162

This room did not appear to have a bed in the wall but did have a couch that opened to sleep at least one. Never opened it so cannot say for sure.

It would when open make movement through the stateroom a little awkward

Bathrooms do have a double sink so that helps a little

Also could do what I heard others suggest and some of you could shower in the SPA . Really nice overhead showheads

Thanks for the info :)

That is an idea too ......showering in the spa. Just saw the thread on that this week.

We have 6158, a quad Cat 11. How big was the Balcony? Enough for a Lounge Chair?? Approximate Ft X Ft measure?

Was it cool on deck the first sea day? Took a Bermuda cruise in July a couple of years ago and the wind was very harsh and cold. Everyone else brought hooded sweaters. I had to buy sweatshirts in Bermuda for the trip back!!

Did you do any of the "games" or Bingo?? How were they?

BTW, on the quad cabins the 2nd bunk comes down from the celing. I found a decent pic on webshots.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1281916546062547426WOdmmD

Pmom, what did you do on shore excursion? Did you do the Baths in Tortola?

We are still getting all our stuff together!! Start packing next week!

Jacquelyn :D

I think DW was leaning towards the suite so we would all be in the same room to ease her mind.

That's why we got connecting staterooms. The girls were 16 and 7 and there was no way I was putting them in a room by themselves. We kept the door between the two cabins open almost all of the time so it was easier for me to relax and not worry about them. The real benefit was having two bathrooms. :)

Cheers!

Jayne

We have 6158, a quad Cat 11. How big was the Balcony? Enough for a Lounge Chair?? Approximate Ft X Ft measure?

Was it cool on deck the first sea day? Took a Bermuda cruise in July a couple of years ago and the wind was very harsh and cold. Everyone else brought hooded sweaters. I had to buy sweatshirts in Bermuda for the trip back!!

Did you do any of the "games" or Bingo?? How were they?

BTW, on the quad cabins the 2nd bunk comes down from the celing. I found a decent pic on webshots.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1281916546062547426WOdmmD

Pmom, what did you do on shore excursion? Did you do the Baths in Tortola?

We are still getting all our stuff together!! Start packing next week!

It was quite cool the first evening out and most of the second day suggest lite jacket and shawl or something for captains dinner

Played Bingo there is only a few games played. Note the best price is the last night out with a possible 3000. guarantee 1000.

the game shows were cute. marrage game had a couple married over 50 years.

had planned a shore excursion in St. Thomas (sightseeing/snorkel)was informed the night before not enough sign-ups and it was cancelled. instead did hear about discount tickets to ride the skycars up the side of the mountain across from the dock. good view and then grabbed local taxi into town. in Tortola walked down the street past the tents with vendors and found a gentlemen with a van at 15 dollars to see the whole island. much better than the 40 some the cruise line was selling.

those who went to the Baths really liked them but again might be able to do better yourself. though since you do have to grab a boat to get there Carnivals tours might be a better idea.

DW and I are planning to take our niece and nephew (15 & 14 respectively ) on the Miracle 6 day NYC-Bermuda cruise in April 2008.

Normally DW and I book balcony cabins, but because we are bringing the kids this time we thought we would just book an OV and get an inside for the kids.

Now it has me thinking , would it be better to just get a Cat 11 suite for all of us?

looking for any advice from those who have been on Miracle. Would a Cat 11 sleep four comfortably (I know we would only have one bathroom this way , but we can manage)

Would there be that much of a price difference between getting a Cat 11 as opposed to an OV and an inside?

Any info would be helpful

Thanks in advance :)

My friend and I booked the Miracle to Bernuda for April 08 and in Cabin 6260 a Cat. 11 wrap, my DD and her friend booked an aft cabin also with an extended balcony...but first I was thinking we could all be in one room, and we looked at Cabin 7298 also a Cat. 11 wrap that sleeps 4. Nice for the balcony aspect and the room is seperated by a door between the bedroom and sitting room (which is where the conv. sofa is) That would give you the privacy you are looking for. If you book we will look forward to seeing you there!!!

the front balcony cabin on the Spirit class (Miracle) has an adjoining inside cabin.........we booked our kids into the inside and we have the next 3 balconies. On the Upper deck the balconies are even extended (deeper from bulkhead to rail and the glass is sloped for more legroom.

This would be an even lower rate than connecting balconies.......

marvel1.gif

My friend and I booked the Miracle to Bernuda for April 08 and in Cabin 6260 a Cat. 11 wrap, my DD and her friend booked an aft cabin also with an extended balcony...but first I was thinking we could all be in one room, and we looked at Cabin 7298 also a Cat. 11 wrap that sleeps 4. Nice for the balcony aspect and the room is seperated by a door between the bedroom and sitting room (which is where the conv. sofa is) That would give you the privacy you are looking for. If you book we will look forward to seeing you there!!!

6260 is an awesom cabin, DW and I had it in February out of Tampa, and we have it booked again in Jan. '09. The cabin is functional, the balcony is awesome. It was the most time we ever spent on our cabin on a cruise. We had late seating, and spent most nights afterward on our balcony.

Deck 6 is also good for an April cruise out of NYC, you can get plenty of sun on your balcony. Enjoy!!

We had a cat. 11 on the Pride with 2 teenagers. It was fine but I would have preferred having 2 bathrooms so when we booked the Miracle, we booked a balcony for us and an inside right across the hall for the kids. At the time, I also priced a cat. 11 with all 4 of us in it and it was WAY more expensive than a balcony and an inside was. I also priced the cost of all four of us in a balcony and that was only about $200 total more so it was a no brainer for us. It was definitely worth spending $200 to get 2 bathrooms. Of course, my kids were not little. they were 15 and 17 at the time.

Thinking about the Golden Princess out of LA April 08. At 13 & 14 I still want to keep a few more tabs on them. I'll cut the "apron strings" a little next year. Like the idea of 2 bathrooms, but I send my "boys" to the gym to shower while mom has the BR to herself! It works out for us!

If I had Girls, I would definately opt for 2 staterooms for 2 bathrooms! :eek:

6260 is an awesom cabin, DW and I had it in February out of Tampa, and we have it booked again in Jan. '09. The cabin is functional, the balcony is awesome. It was the most time we ever spent on our cabin on a cruise. We had late seating, and spent most nights afterward on our balcony.

Deck 6 is also good for an April cruise out of NYC, you can get plenty of sun on your balcony. Enjoy!!

Thanks for the info on this cabin..we were a little hesitant at first as we have always had midship cabins...but because of all the cc that rave about the wraps we are very excited. Hope you have a great time on your cruise also!!

Archived