How to transfer photo's to post?

denims

Okay, I see you both used photobucket. If you are rightclicking and copying your own files, you can resize the jpeg file or photobucket should be doing it automatically for you. I don't know how it was uploaded so big.

On Photobucket, it gives you 4 options. I chose the web, email one. My photo is larger than the width of the page and one has to scroll to the right to see the whole picture. We don't have to do that with yours. Some of yours are smaller and also those of cactus. How do we get them sized like those? If I choose thumnails, won't they be too small? Thanks for your help. It's been fun trying this.

I'm using Photobucket, but your picture is small on my screen. I don't use the e-mail feature unless I'm e- mailing. I'm surprised it even copied so big.

#1 on my own files I click on the jpg to highlight it, then click copy

#2 go to photobucket acct. and click browse - that will default to "my pictures"

#3 click on picture I want to highlight it and click "open"

#4 upload the picture

#5 once it is uploaded, highlight the URL, copy and paste the url to the forum I'm posting in.

PS - there's a bad nickname for what you did - it's margin _ _ c_ er (lol)

I half expect this thread to be deleted. In the meantime:

DSC01454.jpg

Crown Bay at St. Thomas.

Are you viewing the pictures from the links? Or from logging out and then going back to the thread?

What is your zoom level in the lower right corner set at? Anything over 100% and you will get the HUge picture in the link. That's all I can think of.

I'm sorry. I did not mean to offend - I know you are experimenting and did not do it on purpose. I still don't see what you are seeing, your picture is fine on my screen.

Let's just say I go to some off the wall message boards where there is no mercy.

I followed Lazygals directions.

I double clicked on the thumbnail picture in Webshots, it brings up the picture with three options. I clicked on "post in a forum" and once highlighted, Control C and control V for cut and paste. When I did the first test it was standard, when I went back I saw there was a box for the size and I clicked on 500 that was test2.

I followed Lazygals directions.

I double clicked on the thumbnail picture in Webshots, it brings up the picture with three options. I clicked on "post in a forum" and once highlighted, Control C and control V for cut and paste. When I did the first test it was standard, when I went back I saw there was a box for the size and I clicked on 500 that was test2.

Thanks. I've never been on Webshots....will give it a try.

There are several sites that host pics for forums.

The one I use is tinypic.com.It is also free and you dont have to open an account.It also gives a URL to copy and paste into your forum reply.

Thanks Kiwi Kruzer, I have seen many of your pics...most recently on Bill's Pacific Princess thread. They are all great and I have often wondered how you did it, rather than the thumbnail ones that others post. I've been tempted to ask you but didn't want to highjack his thread.

BTW: NZ is a beautiful country as seen by all those pics Bill is posting.

Testing from Webshots. This seems to be the size I want. Thanks cactus and lazygirl. I think I've got it now

2467960260101253457S500x500Q85.jpg

Caribbean Princess

Miss Mary, (Warning this is a Recruiting Request):eek:

Do you want to help me post some of My Live Pics the above way when Easy Bill is unavailable or the Pic demands a bigger showing, I'll ask you, OK?

You can answer to my email :)

Again, Congratulations, on your Graduation from "Pic Posting School" W/ High Honors!:D

Thank you for starting this thread. I have always wanted to know how else to post pictures, besides doing it the thumbnail way. I certainly learned a lot on this thread. Thanks to everyone who contributed to my "education"

PS - there's a bad nickname for what you did - it's margin _ _ c_ er (lol)

Can anyone explain to me what I did wrong? I have no clue:confused: and lazygirl hasn't come back to clarify. Whatever it was I did, I don't want to do it again. Thanks.

Can anyone explain to me what I did wrong? I have no clue:confused: and lazygirl hasn't come back to clarify. Whatever it was I did, I don't want to do it again. Thanks.

Mary,

She was referring to what you did to yourself, I believe. When you said that the Pic was so big it went past the Margin, and you had to scroll to see it all (IMHO);)

Jot:)

Archived