Has anyone flown Delta from US to Venice

I flew Delta from NY to Rome and then Venice to NY last year. It was a 10 hour flight. We used FF miles and there were no seats in business class so we had to fly coach. We left at 5:30 PM NYC time and got to Rome the next morning. I tried to sleep on the plane but was not to successful. The flight attendants were really nice - they were constantly offering drinks. Dinner was typical airline food. Breakfast was a bagel and cream cheese.

Coming back from Venice was about the same as the flight to Rome but the flight left at 11:30 and we got back to NY in the afternoon. Mainly I watched the movies and knit (I bought some beautiful yarn in Venice).

I am flying Delta back to Europe again this year.

Lynn

I flew Delta from NY to Rome and then Venice to NY last year. It was a 10 hour flight. We used FF miles and there were no seats in business class so we had to fly coach. We left at 5:30 PM NYC time and got to Rome the next morning. I tried to sleep on the plane but was not to successful. The flight attendants were really nice - they were constantly offering drinks. Dinner was typical airline food. Breakfast was a bagel and cream cheese.

Coming back from Venice was about the same as the flight to Rome but the flight left at 11:30 and we got back to NY in the afternoon. Mainly I watched the movies and knit (I bought some beautiful yarn in Venice).

I am flying Delta back to Europe again this year.

Lynn

Lynn, I'm a knitter also and will be knitting my way across the Atlantic as well via Delta cattle car! (They wanted 250,000 miles for roundtrip business class and if you ask me, which of course you didn't, they work very hard NOT to allow you to use your miles.) Thank goodness for KNITTING.

We're going to Venice for one day and then catching a cruise ship to do the Greek Islands.

We're arriving in Venice the day before we "ship out" so we'll have some time to see Venice and of course shop.

Do you remember where you bought the yarn? I'm always in the market for wonderful yarn!!!!

Our family are flying Delta to Venice in July, never flown them before but fly back to the UK every year and am used to the long night flights, very boring and I am unable to sleep so it will be a long night. Will be flying back from Rome so expect more of the same. As long as I have a good book I should be OK, trouble is my two nearly adult kids use me as a pillow as they can sleep anywhere.

Flew Delta to Venice this past summer. Had upgraded to first class using flyer miles one way, into Venice. Fantastic seats, but we had a cat in cage right behind us, meow meow for hours at a time!

Flew coach the way back, and no problems.

Before I booked my seats to Venice I figured out what side of the plane would allow a view of Venice as we landed. If you can, sit on the RIGHT side (as facing front), to get that view of Venice as you land.

Lynn, I'm a knitter also and will be knitting my way across the Atlantic as well via Delta cattle car! (They wanted 250,000 miles for roundtrip business class and if you ask me, which of course you didn't, they work very hard NOT to allow you to use your miles.) Thank goodness for KNITTING.

We're going to Venice for one day and then catching a cruise ship to do the Greek Islands.

We're arriving in Venice the day before we "ship out" so we'll have some time to see Venice and of course shop.

Do you remember where you bought the yarn? I'm always in the market for wonderful yarn!!!!

We were walking around Venice - not too far Piazza San Marco and I looked up and there it was - a beautiful yarn shop with the loveliest owner who spoke great English.

The name of the shop is Lellabella and here is a link to her website:

www.yarnshopinvenice.com

The page is in English and Italian.

There is a link to a map (dove siamo) so you can see how to get there.

I thought her prices were pretty reasonable and her selection was beautiful. Plus, it gave me something to do on the flight home. I don't know why I did not take any knitting with me on the flight over - my mom talked me out of it and I felt lost the whole trip without it!

Enjoy

Lynn

Hi~ We are flying from the US to Venice on Delta in June. Has anyone else flown on Delta? It is a long flight and we were just wondering how it is. Thanks!

My parents just flew Delta from Atlanta to Venice. They didn't have any real comments, either positive or negative. It's just a flight like any other; I don't think there are many differences in airlines if you are flying coach!

Living in Atlanta I fly Delta a lot. FYI, usually you are offered wine with your dinner (free) on long international flights. The days of free drinks, of course, are gone. :rolleyes:

I fly back and forth from Copenhagen to Chicago often and sometimes with Delta (via Atlanta). What ever you do...do not choose the seats directly in front of an exit row as these DO NOT recline!! Imagine 10hrs+ sitting straight up....ughh I learned the hard way. :(

We flew JFK to VCE non stop last June. The flight was ontime and the business class seats were comfortable. They weren't as wide as I had hoped so could have been more comfortable.

The food was great for airplane food. It was the first time we had flown in business class, so we were impressed.

We will be flying Delta in June from ORD to VCE thru ATL. Every night or so, I check in on the flight status for our flights on Delta's website. It is interesting to see the near real time charting of the plane's position across the Atlantic. One thing that surprises me is that the flight leaves ATL late more often than I would have guessed (at least for the period of time that I was watching the flights).

We were walking around Venice - not too far Piazza San Marco and I looked up and there it was - a beautiful yarn shop with the loveliest owner who spoke great English.

The name of the shop is Lellabella and here is a link to her website:

www.yarnshopinvenice.com

The page is in English and Italian.

There is a link to a map (dove siamo) so you can see how to get there.

I thought her prices were pretty reasonable and her selection was beautiful. Plus, it gave me something to do on the flight home. I don't know why I did not take any knitting with me on the flight over - my mom talked me out of it and I felt lost the whole trip without it!

Enjoy

Lynn

Thank you so much! I never leave home without my knitting. Afterall, it's my therapy!!!

We have flown Delta business elite cabin several times to europe including home from Venice and find it to be just great. They are not lie flat seats but they do recline most of the way. Added bonus is the Business Elite lounges at the airports. Unlike the usual first class lounges, you don' t have to be member of anything just have a ticket in that cabin to use them.

Are the coach seats a little larger on International flights than they are on the flights back in the U.S.?

Linda

We booked through Delta; but they scheduled us on an Alitalia from Boston/Milan/Venice. It was horrible. Flight out of Boston delayed 6 hours because of equipment problems. Seats felt like we were sitting on sagging plywood; and leg room did not exist.

On return we flew with United. Seats were comfortable with more leg room; and individual "movie" screens at each seat. Do United if you can.

Hi CruisingEurope. We flew round trip on Delta to Venice two years ago. I guess you will fly through Atlanta. There is a fine Business Class International Lounge there for you, if you happen to be flying up front. Venice is a small airport and easy to figure out. Some thoughts: Delta "lost" our luggage. In Venice, the lost luggage office is shared by several airlines. Have your hotel address and description of luggage available, just in case. Delta sent our luggage the next day by water taxi. Imagine the expense! Select your plane seat with advice at seatguru.com. At the Venice airport, there is a counter to arrange water taxi, or bus ticket. Do some research on this, since it gets complicated if you have a lot of luggage. Maybe ask your hotel for advice? Coming back to Venice for the flight home after cruise, we had a limo waiting. cheaper and quicker than the cruise bus for two to the airport. And taxis were there, cheaper yet. No problem at all making the 11am flight to USA. If you are flying Business Class, the Alitalia lounge on the second floor is yours to relax while you wait. Delta has some ancient planes on domestic routes but the atlanta-venice planes were new and well stocked.

We flew Delta from JFK to Venice and Barcelona to JFK last summer. We used FF miles to upgrade to Business Elite. As mentioned by another post, the business ticket gave us access to the lounge, which was very nice at JFK and not nice at all in Barcelona. The plane was comfortable, the food was decent, and we managed to sleep on the overnight flight, which I never have in coach, than had a great day sightseeing on our first day in Venice. It might have been the adrenaline and excitement working, but it was our best first day after an overnight flight. The flight back was not as good, as a family with two young children were also booked in Business Elite. The parents put the kids together on one side of the aisle and they sat together on the other side. They didn't seem to bring anything to occupy the kids relying only on the movies on board. The kids were restless and cranky and fussing with each other. But, I digress! The Delta terminal at JFK is somewhat inconvenient. Coach check in was at Terminal 3 and Business Elite at Terminal 2 for the same flight. We were confused, and almost got out at Terminal 3, but when we saw a line outside that was at least 100 people long, I asked before I let the car service leave. The check in area in Terminal 3 is very small, technically only ticketed passengers are even allowed inside the terminal. After we got to Terminal 2 and checked in, we had to walk back to security in Terminal 3 through a connecting ramp/tunnel.

Archived