Transatlantic

CQG67

Here's a consideration:

Our first eastbound TransAtlantic was in 2001. It left Fort Lauderdale on April 28. Our first westbound was in 2003 and it left Barcelona October 26. Our 2006 westbound TransAtlantic left Barcelona November 24. They seem to keep pushing the crossings earlier in the Spring and later in the Fall which makrs the weather more of an issue. Some of the eastbounds are leaving in March and some of the westbounds are leaving n December.

Regards

Here's a consideration:

Our first eastbound TransAtlantic was in 2001. It left Fort Lauderdale on April 28. Our first westbound was in 2003 and it left Barcelona October 26. Our 2006 westbound TransAtlantic left Barcelona November 24. They seem to keep pushing the crossings earlier in the Spring and later in the Fall which makrs the weather more of an issue. Some of the eastbounds are leaving in March and some of the westbounds are leaving n December.

Regards

We had noticed this as well as we use the crossings as our form of transport and our winters in the Florida sunshine are getting shorter each year:( :( . Talking to a lovely lady from the Miami office who was helping out the Loyalty Ambassador on our recent crossing on the Navigator, she was saying that they were getting very high occupancy levels on the ships they are sending to the UK/Europe(and the prices are much higher) that it made sense for RCL to keep them over in Europe for those extra weeks/months as the competition isn't as fierce as it is in the Caribbean and also leaving later in the year they are almost gauranteed to miss the HURRICANE season!!

I hate to be a dummie but what is Connie - I keep hearing it referred to and I have cruised for over 30 years and still don't know what it is. Someone enlighten me. Regarding east and west bound cruises - yes I would rather do one in the late fall - but those dastardly hurricanes are always out there during late fall to throw a wrench in things - also none of the ships leave out of Holland - only England - and we are not interested in Spain or Italy as we have been there several times... so an early ta it is and we will just have to take our chances - when you are dealing with the weather - you never know. On our cruise to Bermuda the end of April the seas were like glass - yet the week before the ships couldn't even dock. Its a crap shoot and you just have to go with the flow. Losing 6 hours - I deal with it better going over than coming back - but that is just me.:)

I hate to be a dummie but what is Connie - . Regarding east and west bound cruises - yes I would rather do one in the late fall - but those dastardly hurricanes are always out there during late fall to throw a wrench in things -

Connie is the Celebrity Constellation. As for the TA's in the fall, we have now done 7 Westbound, all in Oct/Nov and as of now we have never encountered any problems with Hurricanes and the Seas have been much calmer than our 7 Eastbound TA's.

After reading this thread I have just booked our 4th TA leaving on 2nd Dec - on the Millie. It is our first time eastbound and we are already planning what to do,what to eat etc.........they are just the best cruises and our favourite X ship. Roll on Dec!!!

After reading this thread I have just booked our 4th TA leaving on 2nd Dec - on the Millie. It is our first time eastbound and we are already planning what to do,what to eat etc.........they are just the best cruises and our favourite X ship. Roll on Dec!!!

Do you mean WESTBOUND??, as the Eastbound crossings are normally in the Spring, Mar/Apr.

Jamara, we have a pretty active roll call for this Millie cruise, please join us.

Archived