what do you wear to past guest party?

wags111

It depends on when it's held. If it's in the evening before dinner, you would wear what the dinner dress code for that night dictates (casual or formal). On one ship we were on (Glory, 2004) it was in the middle of the afternoon and the invitation said something to the effect of "come as you are". Most people had on shorts for that one. Other times it's been held on the second formal night, so everyone was dressed formally.

That depends on what night it is on. Usually it is right before dinner for us, we like at eat at 6:15, so whatever we're wearing to dinner. It usually isn't on a formal night, atleast none of ours have been yet.

edit: guess they do have them on formal night. See, it never fails, you always learn something new on CC.

Whatever the suggested dress code is for dinner for that day. Of the past four cruises, one has been on formal night, the other three were "resort casual".

There's so much going on the first formal evening, they never have the PG parties then, but maybe on the second formal night? I am usually dressed for 'resort casual' dinner when I attend the PG parties, as they've been held around 5pm.

You're right, Cotton. The one year the PG party was a formal night was the second formal night. (Which worked out perfectly for us 'cause it was also our anniversary)

What you would typically wear to an informal evening cocktail party - slacks and a dark jacket. Shorts are wholly inappropriate, but I'm sure someone will wear them :rolleyes:

But Rob, what about the PG parties held in the middle of the afternoon that say "come as you are"? Wouldn't you think that would be an exception?

Last time on the Conquest, we wore our halloween costumes. We had our private party just before the Past Guest party and we were still in costume.

It really doesn't matter what you wear. There isn't a dress code.

But Rob, what about the PG parties held in the middle of the afternoon that say "come as you are"? Wouldn't you think that would be an exception?

Well it's still a cocktail party, and I don't think shorts are appropriate at a cocktail party, so no, *I* wouldn't think that's an exception.

I wonder if "come as you are" means in your bathing suit if you're in the pool?

Well it's still a cocktail party, and I don't think shorts are appropriate at a cocktail party, so no, *I* wouldn't think that's an exception.

I wonder if "come as you are" means in your bathing suit if you're in the pool?

Okay, I see your point. I wonder if someone would dare show up in a bathing suit? :eek: :p

I've never seen an invite say come as you are, all the ones I've seen say resort casual or elegant casual (whatever that is).

Well if I'd know this would have come up here, I would have been sure to take a picture of the invitation. ;) Obviously, I don't still have it because they collect them at the door. I don't remember the exact wording on the invitation, but the PGP on the Glory was in the middle of the afternoon (3:00?) and was EXTREMELY casual.

it was in the middle of the afternoon and the invitation said something to the effect of "come as you are". Most people had on shorts for that one.

Ours last PG party was held in the middle of the afternoon and the invitation said resort casual, no shorts.

I am getting so confused about these type of things lately, i think Carnival is conducting some kind of test.

On our valor cruise, people were getting tossed out of the dinning room everynight for being out of dress code, but i read on the very next sailing, someone said people wore whatever they wanted.

samr ship, same staff, i just don't get it:eek:

Just back from Freedom, they actually had 2 parties to attend, one was more cocktail and was 1 hour before the first dining time, we didn't attend but looking at the pictures, it appeared most folks were dressed for cocktail party (dressy).

The second one was a question and answer thing with Bob Dickinson, and was in the afternoon, dress was casual sort of thing.

All my seven days, I'm sure the more port intesive may be different, the PG party was second formal. One cruise they only had one and it was right in the middle of our dinner. I was bummed.:(

I had to leave before dessert. They had FREE alcohol, don't ya know:)

Archived