Horseback Riding opinions and suggestions

staufj22

Hi,

We're doing a Princess land tour, which stops at Mt. McKinley and Denali National Park. I was looking at the horse riding options in those 2 places, McKinley Wilderness Trail Ride, and the Denali Horse Trail Adventures.

Does anyone have an opinion on these? Any other options that I should consider?

Also, are there any private tours that I should look at aside from these?

Thanks for any help!

-Jimmy

We are also considering the horseback riding from the McKinley Princess lodge. We will have a morning there with nothing scheduled. I previously posted a question about this option but didn't get much response. I'll be watching and hope we'll get some feedback from your thread.

My partner and I were thinking of the McKinley ride from Talkeetna when we arrive there on the train. I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who's done this. We're really interested in the views of Mt. McKinley and wildlife.

One concern I had is what happens to our carry on items from the train ride? I know the rest of our luggage would go ahead to the lodge.

The other trip we were thinking about was Chulitna River Raft, which leaves from the lodge (and thus no worries about our carry ons)- that one sounds like we're more likely to see wildlife. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

dogdoc2002

I looked back at the thread I posted a couple months ago and will bump it back to the top. The thread title is "Horseback riding at Mt. McKinley Lodge". There is a post from DonkeyTiara that gives some useful information. You might look it up.

Archived