Tequila Tour in P.V.

mthaydu

If you want a good tour in Puerto Vallarta do the "Off the Beaten Track Tour" which was one of the excursions on the list for both HAL & Princess. It is great! Excellent views & scenery. We loved it so much we are going back in 7 weeks on the Sapphire Princess.

My wife and I went on this tour! It was pretty interesting. We went to 3 different tequila factories. Here is a hint! If you do go bring a empty bottle. I filled my bottle full of tequila! We were set for the rest of the cruise!

My wife and I went on this tour! It was pretty interesting. We went to 3 different tequila factories. Here is a hint! If you do go bring a empty bottle. I filled my bottle full of tequila! We were set for the rest of the cruise!
We are cruising 9/5/04 on RCCL. I am interested in your exp. with this excursion. Was it just an empty water bottle or tequila bottle? What did they charge for this? Do ships let you bring alcohol onboard to be used in your cabin?

Also, we are cruising with kids (18, 16, 9) Would they have any interest in the tequila factories tour?

Thanks for your info.

Hello there I am glad you enjoyed your cruise. We are scheduled to go 9/12/04 and was wandering if the off the beaten tour stopped by the Tequila Factory? Someone else replied that they also took this tour and stopped by four factories and we were just wandering if he or they had gotten there tours confused.

Thanks Dawn

Hi. My husband and I took the tequila tour last November. We stopped by 3 factories and one wood-carving shop. It was great fun. The Mama Lucia tequila was by far the best--we bought a bottle of the mandarin orange and wish we'd bought more. Unfortunately Mama Lucia doesn't sell in stores or over the Internet.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Our group of ten are going to La Casa del Tequila in PV. Its in a bookstore if you can believe that. I'd read some reviews of the tours that some of the cruise ships used to do. Princess doesn't do them anymore and I imagine that those reviews (about seeing rats and mice) did the trick there. I'll opt for the tastings at Casa del and a good book. See y'all!

I have been reading the shore excursions on the Diamond Princess and have

found this tour "Off The Beaten Track" and see where it only states you go to one tequilla factory. Is this the same tour that you took? Where else

beside the tequilla factory does it go and does it require alot of walking?

• 3 weeks later...

There are many tequila tours in Vallarta, some are real tequila tours, some are just an explanation and a tequila tasting, but they do not make the tequila on site.

La Casa del Tequila in PV is just a tasting tour, they do not fabricate tequila there.

There is one in Mezcales (just before Bucerias, about 15 to 20 minutes north of the cruise ship dock) that does make tequila onsite the old fashioned way but unfortunately I have completely blanked the name.

Tequila was originated in Jalisco, in the town of Tequila, about 2 to 2 1/2 hours outside of Puerto Vallarta. Mariachi music is also from the area. The state of Jalisco has some of the most recognized Mexican traditions in all of Mexico :)

If you like Kahlua, check the price on the liter bottle in the duty free shop on the ship, then compare in Vallarta, it may be less expensive than on the ship.

Right now a liter is about $8.00 US.

Archived