Wine Purchases On-line

Hi there. I was browsing the RCCL site, and noticed a place to purchase wine to be delivered to your stateroom or dining room. Is this cheaper, or is it the only way? Can you order wine bottles at dinner without pre-ordering?

Also, I heard that you can have a bottle re-corked and saved for the next night. Is this true?

Thanks, this is our first cruise, and we have no idea...

OH, you can definitely order wine at dinner (or in any bar), you do NOT need to pre-order that. And if you don't finish a bottle at dinner, you can have it corked and saved for the next night.

The gift page (that's what you were reading) is if you want to pre-order a bottle of wine to be waiting in your stateroom after embarkation or delivered to dinner on a certain night. The list available online is not nearly as extensive as what is available to order once you are on the ship.

Hope that helps. :)

Is it a better deal to pre-order? I was wondering about a gift on arrival on my upcoming cruise. I could just as easily walk up to the bar and order a pre-chilled bottle of champagne and have it on time!

It's not cheaper to order in advance. It was very convenient.

In our case going to the bar probably wouldn't have worked. We had side by side owner suites and had invited anyone on our roll call to join us for a toast.

Not sure the bar would have had a large number of chilled champagne available while the ship was still boarding.

Btw, it was a blast. We enjoyed meeting our roll call posters

As the above poster said, if you don't finish your wine at dinner, you can have it corked and saved. But, you can also take it with you after dinner. We had several bottle of wine with dinner one night, and barely touched the 3rd one. So they have us some glasses and we took it with us to the show in the theater. You don't have to have it corked. I wouldn't want it the next night. I would want a fresh bottle.

Also, the wine list onboard is much more extensive than the list you get online. Many more choices. Here is a link to the wine list you get onboard.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/pdf/Domestic_Wine_List.pdf

Thanks so much! I think I'll surprise hubby with some champagne in the cabin.

I notice the wine list that was attached has no prices. Does the list on the ship have the prices listed? We often buy expensive wines, but we don't like surprises, and probably would like some cheaper wines, especially for the 2nd and 3rd of the night!!

Enjoy your first cruise. We just returned from our first cruise. I preordered a bottle of champagne for our arrival because we were celebrating our anniversary. I also ordered bottles at dinner...there was no price difference in either one. Have a great time on your trip...wish we were going too, cruising is addictive.:)

Archived