Almost there

aroach2524

We can't wait--our first Alaska cruise--thanks to these boards I think we've made some great shore excursion choices!

1. Skagway -- Glacier Point Wilderness Safari

2. Juneau -- Captain Larry whale watching

3. Ketchikan -- float plane with Island Wings

Any further suggestions. Is trying to see the Yukon suspension bridge in Skagway worth the effort? Am I going to be disappointed if we don't do the railroad (I think we have time, just don't want to be too exhausted!).

Thanks

You have a wonderful varied selection of tours. :) No you will not miss out not doing the Suspension bridge. Instead, if you have time, consider taking a look at the Park Service visitor center in Skagway. Loaded with interesting walking tours, movie, ranger talks etc. http://www.nps.gov/archive/klgo/schedule.htm

Have a great trip. :)

We did the White Pass train and loved it ! It was so beautiful and well worth it. If you have time, I would recommend it. Take a snack along, they serve a small bottle of water. Sit back and enjoy the ride. I was amazed ! Don't forget your camera!

You have a wonderful varied selection of tours. :) No you will not miss out not doing the Suspension bridge. Instead, if you have time, consider taking a look at the Park Service visitor center in Skagway. Loaded with interesting walking tours, movie, ranger talks etc. http://www.nps.gov/archive/klgo/schedule.htm

Have a great trip. :)

Yes, save the money and time for something else.. There is really nothing exciting there at the bridge...

Archived