Avalon Tranquility Budapest welcome hotel??

letsgo39

Does anyone know which hotel Avalon is using as a welcome hotel in Budapest?

We are cruising on the Tranquility, Budapest to Amsterdam and arriving early for an extra day in Budapest. We will be staying at the Marriott Millenium Executive Apartments for 1 night pre cruise. I am trying to find out the name and location of the hotel that Avalon is using as a welcome hotel in Budapest the day of boarding.All I need is the name so I can figure out where it is located in relation to the hotel we will be at the day before.

Anyone know?

We are leaving Saturday for Budapest, and our docs show the "pre-cruise meeting location" as:

Cafe Gerbeaud Haz

Vorosmarty Ter 7

Budapest H-1025

We have arranged our air through Globus, so transfers are included and I don't have to worry about getting there (I hope).

Included with tickets was a very nice bag, just the right size to take on tours, and an informative booklet about the history of the rivers.

Now all I have to do is figure out how to get about 100 pounds of clothes into a 50 pound suitcase - and that's not counting shoes!

I will try to post a trip report when I get back, although I am more of a reader than a writer.

Pat

We are leaving Saturday for Budapest, and our docs show the "pre-cruise meeting location" as:

Cafe Gerbeaud Haz

Vorosmarty Ter 7

Budapest H-1025

We have arranged our air through Globus, so transfers are included and I don't have to worry about getting there (I hope).

Included with tickets was a very nice bag, just the right size to take on tours, and an informative booklet about the history of the rivers.

Now all I have to do is figure out how to get about 100 pounds of clothes into a 50 pound suitcase - and that's not counting shoes!

I will try to post a trip report when I get back, although I am more of a reader than a writer.

Pat

Looks like we'll be "passing" each other in Nuremberg on Day 9. I got the impression that we do get picked up at the airport from our little booklet, as we also booked our air travel through Globus. And I hear you on the packing! YIKES!

I have traveled with Globus several times on coach tours and you will be picked up at the airport if you booked your air through them.

We booked our own air and are going a day early so we will have to find our own way to the ship. I just have not decided if we will go directly to the ship or if we will go to the meeting place. Not a problem,just still making that decision.

Any time I have traveled with Globus in the past we have only been allowed 1 large suitcase so I have gotten much better at packing over the years. I used to bring way to much and than would not wear half of it.:D

paterry--- Can't wait to hear your trip report!!! Thanks for responding. Did the bag they gave you have writing on it?

Just a small patch that says "Avalon Waterways"

I, too, have become much better at packing since we have travelled a couple of times to Europe with just carry-on. Everything has to go with everything else, and after I lay everything on the bed I start taking stuff away.

Still, one suitcase for two weeks..........

Know what you mean DH and I went to London last summer for 6 days with just a carryon each. I was pretty proud of myself and this time did wear everything I brought with me.:D

Just figured out using "mappy" that the meeting place hotel is a 10 minute walk from the hotel we are staying at. That sure makes things easy.

Thanks.

• 4 months later...
Does anyone know which hotel Avalon is using as a welcome hotel in Budapest?

We are cruising on the Tranquility, Budapest to Amsterdam and arriving early for an extra day in Budapest. We will be staying at the Marriott Millenium Executive Apartments for 1 night pre cruise. I am trying to find out the name and location of the hotel that Avalon is using as a welcome hotel in Budapest the day of boarding.All I need is the name so I can figure out where it is located in relation to the hotel we will be at the day before.

Anyone know?

Does anyone know the pre/post cruise hotels in Budapest and Prague. We won't be cruising until 9/08.

Thankx

Archived