Belize or Roatan for zipline?

mintjulip123

I will be cruising on the Carnival Valor in October and wanted to get opinions on whether it is better to do the zipline in Belize or Roatan? I did a zipline in El Salvador and just love it. I was thinking of doing the cave tubing and zipline in Belize but I see they offer it in Roatan too and from what I have read it sounds pretty good also. Comments? Suggestions? I am on my own so I don't think I can book an independent guide for Roatan. They seem to want 2 or more. I am open to ideas on what would be a good choice for Roatan.

Karen

I don't zip in Roatan for another two weeks, but I'm planning to do it there. If you want to put together a zip trip in Roatan, maybe you could inquire on your roll call. I've cave tubed in Belize and it was a blast! We didn't have enough time in Belize to have zipped there. So overall, I guess I can't help in your decision from experience, but maybe the roll call suggestion will work out.

I'd be interested to know this also. We've been to both Roatan and Belize once previously but we haven't done the ziplines at either. I wonder if there are any howler monkeys to be heard in the area of the ziplines in Belize, I would definitely choose Belize if that were the case. We did a snorkeling excursion when we went to Belize and I really want to see (or at least hear) howler monkeys this time so we'll be doing a land-based excursion.

Most independant tour operators in Roatan require minimum of 2 paxs for a tour, you can book the tour as 1 pax but you will pay the price of 2 paxs. This is due to all tours being private and with private transport. Maybe check on the cruiseship the canopy may end up being cheaper to be booked with the ship.

I have heard though this upcoming season canopy tours maybe sold in a group tour not private tour manner. This will be a big bonus for independant travelers also should bring the overall price done, the catch always with groups tours is getting everyone off the boat at the same time.

Private tours are great for this that is for sure, you get off the boat and go.

Dean

Archived