Booking airfare online w/ infant?...

Guest Time2gocruzn

Guest Time2gocruzn
[b]I am STILL shopping for airfare. I need to get tickets for my dh, and my 4 year old and myself. BUT my other child will be just under 2 and from what I understand I do not have to buy a ticket for him, as he will be sitting in our laps. I haven't seen how I can use priceline or orbitz because there is no place in there where I can include the youngest child. Also, we want the seats that face each other by the emergency door, because my mom and dad will be traveling w/ us and we like to sit facing each other. Any suggestions? Should I use a travel agent? if I do will they shop for the lowest fares for me? Thanks, I'm clueless.:D [/b]

What airline are you on? Southwest is the only airline I know of that has seats facing one another... and you can't pre-reserve seats on Southwest. I think most of the rest of the airlines have the traditional row-after-row of front-facing seats. You probably won't be able to sit in the emergency exit row if you have one or more kids -- so you might want to try thinking of something else.

As for not being able to find an infant box on Orbitz or Priceline, you can try calling their 1-800 number to find out what to do, otherwise you can always try booking your seats directly through the airline's website - it's often cheaper than Orbitz (but not Priceline).

Enjoy your cruise!
-bb123

Guest Time2gocruzn
You know what, you are right. The airline I flew on b4 with those seats WAS Southwest. I guess I just assumed they all were like that. Well crud. Time to figure out plan B. I had no idea shopping for low airfare was such a hassle. Well, I'm off to call my TA. Thanks again! :)

Archived