Best Carnival snorkel in Belize?

beachbum6264

Not sure of the exact name, but it had "Goff's Caye" in the name. The description said it leaves from and returns to the ship directly. [This was from the Miracle in 2005.] We loved it; we're both beginners and did just fine, although there was a bit of a current at the site away from the island [from the boat snorkeling].

We just returned from a Carnival Glory cruise.

We booked out snorkel excursion thru Carnival, it was the only way my DH would agree to go...and it was the highlight of our trip!

It was called Snorkel at Turneffe Atoll, first you snorkel from the boat(which was outstanding!), then you go to Banister Caye for some amazing beach time(it was that Corona commercial all over again)!!

I definitely recommend it!

We just returned from a Carnival Glory cruise.

We booked out snorkel excursion thru Carnival, it was the only way my DH would agree to go...and it was the highlight of our trip!

It was called Snorkel at Turneffe Atoll, first you snorkel from the boat(which was outstanding!), then you go to Banister Caye for some amazing beach time(it was that Corona commercial all over again)!!

I definitely recommend it!

A few questions....

Were you on the reef? Lots of coral and fish? Did they pick you up from the ship, or did you have to tender in first?

TIA

looking on carnival site there Goff's Caye Snorkeling there is also one on CLL site

called Barrier Reef Snorkel at Turneffe with Beach Break.

Does anyone know the really difference besides the beach break. Both look about 3.5 hours.

I am leaving to soon to attempt to book them online. Does anyone know the cost of them?

with the $$ is between 50 - 99?

If you actually go on the web site like you are going to book - it gives you the exact price. Then you can just hit back to return to list.

Normally you can do this....But at about 5 days from sail date they cut that

feature off with a message its too close to sail date.

You can view the offshore excursion but not the cost.

BeachBum:

Yes, we were on the reef.

Huge amount of coral and many, many fish!

Large area to explore, everything at probably 15ft or less depth(easy visibility). Wish I could post some pics, took them with underwater disposable camera, came out great, esp. from when we first got into the water...by the end lots of sand was kicked up from the bottom and slightly clouded the water.

...............Does anyone know the cost of them?..............
The Goff's Caye Snorkeling is $59 per person with Carnival. They have one in the morning from 8:15 - 11:45 and one in the afternoon from 12:15 - 3:45.

The Barrier Reef Snorkel At Turneffe With Beach Break is $69 and goes from 12:30 - 4:00.

Those are the times and prices shown on our upcoming cruise in July on the Legend. We are considering the early Goff's Caye Snorkeling so we have time to go into Belize for a little while in the afternoon. Last year we did cave tubing with Yhony and had a blast. Hope you get the excursion that you want........ I would book it ASAP when you get on the ship.

John

Archived