Advice: Carnival not honoring price drop

kabuka

You have to book directly with Carnival to see that page to see the Upgrade.

If you booked directly with Carnival using your Military Discount then you can book your sisters cruise with the discount also, this month.

Fred

Fred

Ok, we booked with a TA and he called and they said all the stuff that I posted earlier. So because I booked with the TA, I won't see a upgrade link. As far as the military thing goes, we used a military discount and all of us have paid our final bill, the TA (which is also my dad) called and they said it was only for new bookings so my sister and her family and my parents couldn't use it. Should I have him call again?

I read that when you all are logging onto Carnival you are offered to upgrade??? I don't see that when I log in, is that because I have paid for everything already? I see my booking number and then it asks me if I want to complete my funpass, but not upgrade?

Also we tried to get a military family and friends discount for my sister or a free upgrade and the first person told us they could get her upgraded to a balcony they just needed to check w/ their supervisor, was on hold for about 5min. she comes back and says no they can't do it. Any advice???

It has nothing to do with the fact that you've paid for everything already. We paid ours off quite sometime ago, and the option is still there for us. If you booked with a TA, you will not see that option, if you booked directly with Carnival, go to their website, click on my reservation, sign in, and you'll see it right below where it says complete your boarding pass in the box titled cruise control.:) The military rate depends on how you booked, and what discounts you used when you booked. Military discounts aren't available on all sailings, and if you booked airfare through carnival, they will not let you use the military discount when you have air arranged through them. Is your sister included on your booking, or is she booked seperately from you guys? Don't really have enough information on the way you booked to try & help ya on that one, but I can offer what I do know.:)

Ok, we booked with a TA and he called and they said all the stuff that I posted earlier. So because I booked with the TA, I won't see a upgrade link. As far as the military thing goes, we used a military discount and all of us have paid our final bill, the TA (which is also my dad) called and they said it was only for new bookings so my sister and her family and my parents couldn't use it. Should I have him call again?

As for new bookings that sucks, thats how they always get you. Thats why I cancelled my booking today.

And Yes because you booked with your Dad the T/A, you will not get access to the Booking Modifing link.

If you booked your cabin Guaranteed and you are within lets say 40 days out, then you can try using the Gifts and Services method to find your cabin.

Start a new thread with your questions because we hi-jacked this thread too much already.

Fred

Sounds like you after final paymnt date & within penalty phase. Most price drops after these two things are not usually honored.

Unlike what most post to these boards, I have never received a price drop/OBC after final payment date.

Unlike what most post to these boards, I have never received a price drop/OBC after final payment date.

Could I ask if you book directly through Carnival or through a TA? Just wondering if we got ours because our TA went to bat for us or if Carnival was just feeling generous (or sorry for us) that day.

Could I ask if you book directly through Carnival or through a TA? Just wondering if we got ours because our TA went to bat for us or if Carnival was just feeling generous (or sorry for us) that day.

I have booked with a TA, with an internet TA, with Carnival once(switched to TA for lower price.) An with a TA that goes to bat for me to the hilt.;) Always the same reply, new bookings only and after final payment you are in penalty. So, it would cost more to cancel and rebook.

That said I got a drop in price on the Elation and a very good upgrade:)

Sometimes you just need to be more persistent when calling either your TA or Carnival when requesting for a rate drop/obc. I have received 2 rate drops since we booked our Destiny cruise. One after our final payment was paid.(they gave us obc for the last rate drop). We have saved almost $300 since we first booked. I check the website at least once a week for any rate changes. I also do this on the hotels we use when we cruise. (either pre or post cruises). The rate we booked for the Sheraton had went down $40 but it was only cheaper for one week so checking often will let you cash in on the bargains.:)

Archived