Anchorage Hotel near the train station????

bunnybear

We will be in Anchorage for two nights and would like to stay close to the train station since we will catch the 6:00 am train to Seward the day of our cruise. Or a hotel anywhere that provides a free shuttle to the train station. I prefer to be in a decent part of town and at least a 2 star hotel. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Legend of the Seas - Alaska -Aug. 02

Rhapsody of the Seas - Western Caribbean - Jan. 03

Norweigian Sea - Texaribbean - Jan. 04

Celebrity Summit - Alaska Revisited

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;9;3;21;00;00&timezone=GMT-1000

The Holiday Inn, Hilton and Historic Anchorage hotels are all downtown on the hill overlooking the ARR depot (within 3 blocks). The Comfort Inn is down on Ship Creek, a couple of blocks away from the depot but away from downtown and has no restaurant. I stay at the Historic Anchorage Hotel when I want to be downtown and don't have a car, the Comfort Inn when I do (and in the winter when they often have incredibly cheap rates). All their Web sites are linked from http://www.explorenorth.com/library/communities/alaska/anchoragelinks.html

Murray

we stayed at the Comfort Inn Creek Street, which we right next to the train station, last summer, a very nice hotel, with a nice hot breakfast in the morning, we walked up some stairs and was right in downtown, they also have a free shuttle which will take you to restaurants in town,and pick you up. great in the morning since we had to be at the train station at 6am

Thanks everyone - I think the Comfort Inn looks like it has a shuttle. We will have rental car until the day we leave for the ship. This will work for us.

I appreciate your help.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;9;3;21;00;00&timezone=GMT-1000

Has anyone stayed at the Westmark Anchorage Hotel? It is listed as a 3 star but has a rate for $96 a night. Is this in a good location? Is it a decent place?

The Westmark is a Holland America Hotel, and are located throughout Alaska. Nice rooms, good food, and very clean. They are nicer than Holiday Inn, but not as upscale as say Marriott.

Rooms are average size, and good service. The Anchorage property is convenient to a lot of downtown shops, museum, etc.

Celebrity Summit 12/17/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;12;17;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I haven't been in Inlet Towers, but driven by it many times. It is a little south of the main downtown activity. A 10 minute walk north will put you in the heart of downtown. I hear their food is good, just not sure about rooms. Neighborhood is an older area, but safe as any.

If you don't mind a little walking, you should be fine. Westmark is right in the midst of downtown, and very convenient.

Celebrity Summit 12/17/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;12;17;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

• 5 years later...

Just wondering if anyone has ever stayed at the Clarion? We booked it as it had a free shuttle to the airport and Alaska Railroad, but I have been looking for a higher star hotel, but would like to keep it under the $120 price point, but that seems very hard to do in Anchorage.

Just wondering if anyone has ever stayed at the Clarion? We booked it as it had a free shuttle to the airport and Alaska Railroad, but I have been looking for a higher star hotel, but would like to keep it under the $120 price point, but that seems very hard to do in Anchorage.

When are you sailing...the 120$ would be a great deal in June...almost NO hotels would be that price. We're at the Comfort Suites Airport and paying 200+ for 3 people, and after trolling all the cheap hotel sites, went with the Choice site it was actually cheaper. Couldn't GET a deal on Priceline! Their *** ratings are a bit different(higher rated) than other sites like Expedia, so didn't trust them on the 2* that were cheaper!

I had the Hilton booked the day I arrived but cancelled it and booked the Comfort Inn Ship Creek because of the free shuttle from the airport. I'm not getting my rental car until the next day and want to do a lot of walking around the downtown area. Am I going to regret not staying at the Hilton?

We have stayed at both the Hilton and the Comfort Inn Ship Creek, and we very much prefer the Hilton, even for the price difference. Also, if you are really planning to do a lot of walking, the Hilton is a better location to everything. I really hated getting up that hill from the Comfort Inn!

Thank you. They said that its about $25 for the taxi from the airport. I also read there is a bus. Is the bus easy to get or to much bother with luggage and how close would it come to the hotel.

I have heard a lot of good things about the Embassy Suites. I just called them and they have free shuttle from the airport and free 24 hour shuttle service. He said that they would take us downtown and pick us up whenever we wanted. Its just under 2 miles from downtown.

We booked them for this very reason. They are a little pricey, but with a free breakfast and a fridge and micro in the room, plus the free shuttle, seemed worth it.

We will be there 7/17-20, then taking the train to Whittier to catch the Coral.

Archived