Navigator Laundry Room Noise???

We kind of have to make a quick decision between cabin 808 and 826 on the Navigator. I kind of like 826 being near the elevators [which face the other way] but worry about potential noise from the laundry room. Any input would be greatly appreciated...

When we cruise Navigator last we were right next door to the laundry. It was locked between 2300 and 0700. We were not disturbed and never heard any noise. But then we didn't spend much time in our cabin. Plus it was convenient to have the laundry nearby, first one in eats breakfast and then places stuff in dryer before deck walking and the line grows at the laundry. Hope this helps, enjoy the Navigator, our second favorite ship to date.

I just received my cruise documents for my June cruise, and looking up the ship's facilities for the Navigator, it says "Self service launderettes with washers, dryers and ironing boards are available on decks 5, 8, 9 and 11". Who knew? I didn't know they had that many!!

I don't generally use them, myself, but I will this time, because I have to limit my packing somewhat (it's hard!). We're spending the week prior to sailing driving around Toscana (two couples), so space is limited in the rental car. I'll be forced to do laundry on the ship!

We are two cabins away from a laundry on this cruise, I'll let you know when I return whether noise was an issue or not.

I never found the laundry on 5, but have used both 8 and 9. There are only two washers and two dryers in each, so demand can be high at times. The dryers are quirky and you sometimes have to put clothes through 2 or 3 cycles, so it's good to be close. I found a clever little canvas basket at Marshalls that was great for transporting. It had a metal frame but folded flat for travel.

JoAnne B

Archived