Stay away from this operator in St. Thomas...

divinggirl

Daysail Fantasy...my MIL just came back from St. Thomas, there were only 4 on the boat, two couples, and she was not satisfied with the service that was provided. Food was terrible, but that happens. Snorkeling was at a less than desirable location with few fish and low visibility (viz was fine at most other snorkel spots, weather not really a factor, they wouldn't move). Her biggest complaint was that she was quoted a price before the trip, and then when she went to pay with her Visa, she was told there was a surcharge for paying with a card. That is often the case in the islands, but she had asked about this before departing and was told there was none. Then, when she tried to pay with a traveller's check, the woman would not accept it, as "the banks always screw this up"...Captains are Pam and Brian, and with all the other operators out there, it sounds like this is one to be avoided.

Nikki

I have been in contact with Interlinesail, Jan and her husband own and operate. I heard only great things about them so far on all the message boards. We have 4 of us booked alone on their boat slo' dancin and it seems like a wonderful trip. The foods sounds mediocore, but then again, I am there for the wonderful snorkel excursion and not the food. Not to say it doesnt sound appetizing....chicken wraps, etc. but the idea of having some folks treat us like we are their only concern on this excursion is the ultimate. Of course we board with breakfast beverages and danish and then they serve lunch.. Take us to places that are not "tourist traps" and allow us to see some of the beautiful sites available for these islands (st thomas and st john). I strongly suggest you contact them for future excursions...of course, I will post my review of this excursion, but you will have to wait until after we return on Dec. 3. If you look at some of the other posts for Interlinesail, you should be able to decifer for yourself that this can be a wonderful experieience with wonderful people to take care of your needs.

Archived